My Gentouch Experience

TikPandora

Aug 4, 2011
Hello Android Tablet community, I am TikPandora!

The Gentouch is not my first tablet, but it is definitely the first one I will be keeping.

Over the past few months, I have tried a Coby Kyros MID7012, An Archos 32, and a Sylvania mini tablet. They have ranged from $99 to $140. I have not really liked any of them so far.

I decided that I would give the whole tablet thing one more go and purchased a refurbished Gentouch for $79 including shipping. It is the second edition.

Considering I only paid $79 for this tablet...I had extremely low expectations. The screen is of rather low quality, and it is quite slow...but all I really wanted this for was to take notes on, and browse the web. It does both of those quite well.

There is a noticeable amount of dust in the center of the screen, but like i said, it was only $79.

I actually like the tablet. Even though it is not very fast, and has dust in the screen...it will definitely work for what I want it to do.

pharoah

Sep 5, 2010
the gentouch as you say isnt top of the line by any means.ive owned one,and used it everyday for months.now that i got a moto xoom i have sold the augen.i can add this the new owner loves it,and uses it everyday.

D

dvdcatalyst

the gentouch as you say isnt top of the line by any means.ive owned one,and used it everyday for months.now that i got a moto xoom i have sold the augen.i can add this the new owner loves it,and uses it everyday.

While I do have a Xoom, I still have my Augen, and actually dug it up a week or so ago to do some development testing on it. It doesn't compare to the Xoom, but for the size and the price, and a custom rom, it holds its own :)