My NC just froze!

jonesygirl

Feb 9, 2011
I was playing PewPew2 (graphically intense game), and first, the audio cut out. Volume buttons would not produce volume pop up. Then the game force closed. Then my home screen came back up but frozen. Pressed the sleep key and screen went black but none of the hard keys would turn it back on. Plugged it into stock charger, nothing, still black. Held power button and it went back to initial power on boot like normal and appears to be back to normal.

Now I'm worried. This had never happened before. Is this game too much for my NC to handle? How can I prevent this? It's played fine until now. I don't want my NC to suffer permanent damage. I was so afraid that it wasn't going to come back on, or come back on completely wiped.

Rooted NC. Version 1.1 Autonooter 3.0 Battery was at 88% when this happened.

Sent from my HTC Aria using Android Tablet Forum

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
That will ocassionally happen. Sometimes trying to do a bunch of things to fix it makes it worse. Usually if you wait for a bit the freeze will go away or at least give you a chance to hit home and exit whatever you are doing. Touching a bunch of buttons and not getting a response and touching more stuff usually leads to a force close.

I don't think anything is going to be wrong with your nook. It was just its little way of letting you know it needed to be rebooted.

JP :)

jonesygirl

Feb 9, 2011
Thanks JP. I feel like my poor little NC has been going down hill slowly. It's been lagging, taking longer to load icons on my home screen. And I saw via Elixir that my RAM is pretty low. Now I've been powering it down once a day in effort to replenish the RAM. I used to leave it on for days at a time non stop. Is this all normal too?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I wouldn't say getting slower is normal although if you had added more and more apps that would be reasonable. You should hit a platform of stability though where android manages everythign so that you aren't getting any slower. Some apps allow you to see what other apps are resource hogs. If you think something you installed might be the problem we can explore that.

jonesygirl

Feb 9, 2011
Yes, I have gone a little app crazy with my Nook. I avoid task killers after trying my phone with and without. I think its better without, but opinions differ. I'll see how things go.

PS: I'll hit the thanks button once I get on my browser. For some reason, the forum app doesn't give that option. It really should. Thanks!