Navigation on Xoom

thienthanh

Apr 20, 2011
Hi everyone,
I'm new in forum and need your help. I have Motorola Xoom and try to use google map and navigation but I got a problem: when I set direction at home to one location Navigator work good .If I set direction from another place to home navigation did not work. How to solve this problem? Thank you.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
not sure I am following what your issue is. By Home, are you saying you have a defined location that is "Home" and you cannot use it? the navigation function uses the GPS to take you from where you are to where you want to be. If what you want is directions, use Google Maps and the Directions button, not Google Navigation.

thienthanh

Apr 20, 2011
Thank Pbrauer. Maybe my question is not clear. When I set up navigator at home my start point is my location or my address and the place I want to come is end point with address the navigator speak direction good from my house to the place i wanted. But when I driving back home I reset navigator from new location to home , navigator did not get direction and couldn't tell turn by turn.What is the problem? It's the same with Map.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I am still not quite understanding what the issue is. You can't really use "Home" as a location for navigation since that is just a label. Try instead using current location as your start point and enter the actual address for your home.

thienthanh

Apr 20, 2011
Yes, I did. I tried to type in start point is address where i
stand and end point is my home address but navigator didn't get direction.Do you think Xoom can use as stand alone GPS or I have to sign up for services?