NBC.COM, Hulu, Netflix etc...

crzdcarney

Aug 24, 2011
I was just wondering if any one can get NBC.com to work to watch the office. I am just noticing more and more things that don't work on this tablet that I just bought. netflix does not work, but i did notice there is a work around to make it work that i am going to try. Hulu also doesn't work but I have yet to even search a fix for that seeming how nbc.com and netflix failed miserably. I noticed that on my thunderbolt there is a hulu plus and netflix app that both work with no work around. Just seems odd that a nice big 10.1 inch screen and nothing i want to use it for works lol.

Thanks for any insight on this.

HD87

May 14, 2011
NBC.com works, make sure you have Adobe Flash 10.3 installed, you can find in the Market.
If your using the stock browser, type about:debug into the address bar, click GO
Go to settings (top right corner of browser) click Debug, then UAString, check on Desktop,
Then click the back arrow twice, go to NBC.com & try it out, works for me :)
Asfar as Netflix, there's a thread on top of the forum,
Here is a thread on Hulu.com http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...got-hulu-working-a500-i-do-xd.html#post117632

crzdcarney

Aug 24, 2011
Interesting ..... I read about setting it to desktop, but a lot of sites still redirect you to the mobile site. I cleared all cache, cookies etc. then set it to desktop, and the uastring to desktop still goofs up. I will try NBC again real quick. I know abc.com takes you to the mobile site no matter what. I got syfy.com to work but it plays so choppy its not watchable. Thanks for the quick response i was about to toss this thing out the window :(

birdsmalls

Jun 16, 2011
juck installed adobe 10.3 flash now i can pick up nbc.com and cbs.com also it fixed problems i was having downloading youtube video,s thank,s for tip,s birdsmalls

dllorenzo.det

Feb 7, 2012
hello, I had Adobe Flash 11.0 on my tablet and was not able to see nbc.com video. I deleted the 11.0 to see if it worked with my factory installed 10.3 version, but it did not. Suggestions? Since this forum is a little old, are there any new developments regarding Hulu Plus?

Thanks.

D.

candita

Jan 7, 2012
For those wanting to see hulu go to the amazon market & download "flash video browser"..it's 99 cents and worth every bit of it..hulu works perfect for me & also make sure you have the newest adobe flash installed

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
I had an iPad before I bought the Acer A500. Gave the MaxiPad away because there was SO much you CAN'T do with it. I love the Acer and don't miss the MaxiPad at all. There are a few things that are missing but I haven't found one single device that will do it all, in other words, a Swiss Army knife tablet. But in most cases, like above, there are work arounds.

Anyway, welcome to the forum and I hope you learn to love you Acer.