NC Rooted 1.1 WiFi not recoonecting after sleep

bobsilver

Jan 10, 2011
My rooted NC 1.1 has stopped reconnecting automatically to my wifi network after sleep. It had been working fine for a while so I am not sure what changed. To get it to reconnect I either need to toggle the wifi on/off or select the network using wifi settings. After that it is fine. If I just put it to sleep and turn it back on after a minute or so it connects fine. The problem occurs after several minutes (say 10) of sleep.

I have deleted all my network connections, rebooted and then connected to my network with no change. Again this had been working fine in its current state.

I then reimaged it to a known working image using CWR but the wifi issue remains.

This is more nuisance then anything else but it sure is annoying.

Look forward to any suggestions since I dont know what else to try.

Bob Silver

NC 1.1 rooted 1.1ghz
Ipad 3g 4.2.1
Iphone 4 IOS 4.1 jailbroken

avi

Staff member
Jan 27, 2011
They have purposely made this as a 'feature', so that battery back up can be improved by turning WiFi off. On stock, nothing such happens.

Try using apps like wake timer, which will keep the CPU on even the screen is turned off, so that WiFi will be on always.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Its funny...I run Setting Profiles TO turn the wifi off when the screen is off, and turn it back on when the screen turns on...

different strokes for different folks

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Its funny...I run Setting Profiles TO turn the wifi off when the screen is off, and turn it back on when the screen turns on...

different strokes for different folks

You and your fancy "paid app" can stroke yourself! ;)

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
You and your fancy "paid app" can stroke yourself! ;)

You should really think about adding that to your sig line! ROFL

Whats a couple bucks to avoid the random reboots I was having...and I am sure there are other things that can be done with that app...if I ever bothered to look into it.

nonnef

Feb 12, 2011
I was (still am?) Having this issue after I rooted also. Just wouldn't reconnect to my network after wakeup unless I went to the wifi settings page, and then it would autoconnect like it used to do.

Got around it by downloading/installing wifi manager and putting a link to the network on my home page. Just have to tap it to get it to connect when it comes out of sleep. Hope that's useful. :)

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

cvhovey

Mar 5, 2011
NookColor Keep wifi alive by preventing sleep mode - nookDevs

Use this app listing in link, works like a champ.

Although this seems to be a very simple app, me and my trying to make simple things complicated (great excuse for not having to take out the garbage) ... I'm sitting here looking at which of the keep awake modes to use, then if to enable Timer (and if so, how many minutes to keep it locked). Sorry ... "wake lock" kinda flys right past my moss covered brain, but I do understand the concept, I think.

Any light you can shed on the settings for would be much appreciated! :eek: