NC won't accept 1.1 firmware

GaWd

Feb 18, 2011
I had the 1.1 firmware installed on my stock NC but I ran into issues getting the Nooter3 to install correctly. So I rolled the NC back to 1.0.1 using CWR. I tried several times to re-install the 1.1 update on my NC, but it wouldn't work after the first time.

I downloaded the update, copied the file to the root of my NC, and every single time, the zip file just disappears from the drive.

Any thoughts on why the file disappears, and why it doesn't install?

I might try one more time by using CWR to roll it back, and then use CWR to install the 1.1 zip file. I'm just confused by the behavior of the software with this update.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
doesn't work like that gawd...you need the pre-rooted 1.1 rom, not the 1.1 update from B&N. There is a thread in technical about the pre-rooted 1.1 rom...its what you need.

GaWd

Feb 18, 2011
Thank you sir. Happy to be here.

I've been rooting nooks since my original nook last year. It's softrooted to the current 1.5 version.

I'm loving the color!

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
The color is a totally different world...I never owned an actual Nook, but have a couple friends that had them, so I got to play with it a little bit...

GaWd

Feb 18, 2011
The Color is what my warped little mind wanted out of the Classic. However, with the e-ink architecture, it was not to be-no matter how much hacking you put into it.

This is exactly what i wanted :)

I was thrilled when my wife presented it to me after spending a few hours toying with my classic last week.