Neded Help Restoring Original 4.1.1 OS to Allwinner a31 Quad Core Tablet

barc43

May 18, 2013
I just received a new Nova 10 Allwinner a31 Quad Core tablet with Android 4.1.1 and I "tried" to flash it to the 4.2.2 version with Phoenix Suite following the instructions on Dorkfiles' site. The upgrade succeeded but the Wi-Fi connectivity was disabled. Every time I try to toggle it on, it switches to OFF. Airplane mode is OFF. I tried to restore the tablet to factory state and tried to upgrade it again with no success. If I try to return this tablet to the company, they will know it has been rooted and will charge me many $$$ to fix it.Any help will be greatly appreciated.:(

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I don't know anything about Nova 10, How did you root this devices? reversing the steps should unroot it. Most likely the files you used to upgrade your device are for a different hardware than your tablet.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
After some googling I found firmware by Tragidy on Dorkfiles for AMPE A31 Android 4.2.2 which is differnt from your device, So I can only guess you flashed this firmware which your hardware and AMPE hardware is different, so no wifi.

You need to find Nova 10 firmware and flash it.

This appears to be the firmware you need, no way I would know for sure cause I don't own the device, Use at your own risk.

http://tabletrepublic.com/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=201

Last edited:

barc43

May 18, 2013
I tried many of these links without success and I don't read, speak, or write Chinese. There is a bad Dropbox link that I have e-mailed Tragidy about. My friend has the same tablet so perhaps we can use his backup to restore my tablet to the factory specs. Allwinner's site shows that an official 4.2.2 release is forthcoming. Thanks for your efforts. I will post any breaking news.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I tried many of these links without success and I don't read, speak, or write Chinese. There is a bad Dropbox link that I have e-mailed Tragidy about. My friend has the same tablet so perhaps we can use his backup to restore my tablet to the factory specs. Allwinner's site shows that an official 4.2.2 release is forthcoming. Thanks for your efforts. I will post any breaking news.

Have you tried to install the firmware from the link I posted?