Need 8042 Screen

Ricky405jr

Feb 23, 2013
Hi all,

Just woke up this morning and my Coby 8042 was staring at me with a cracked screen!:(
Touch is working though, and half of the screen is working a bite.
So I need to fix this. If someone knows a 8042 with a working screen or maybe a equivalent screen that can work please share. I'm currently digging on eBay.
If this isn't gonna be fixed maybe will look for an other Tablet.

Ricky:(

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Hi all,

Just woke up this morning and my Coby 8042 was staring at me with a cracked screen!:(
Touch is working though, and half of the screen is working a bite.
So I need to fix this. If someone knows a 8042 with a working screen or maybe a equivalent screen that can work please share. I'm currently digging on eBay.
If this isn't gonna be fixed maybe will look for an other Tablet.

Ricky:(

Ebay is about the only place I know, you most likely can buy another used tablet for less money. I checked ebay today a lot of 9742 are being sold, it's a gamble buying a tablet for parts and get it working, I have had good luck doing this, doesn't mean you will, but it's worth a shot.

Ricky405jr

Feb 23, 2013
Ebay is about the only place I know, you most likely can buy another used tablet for less money. I checked ebay today a lot of 9742 are being sold, it's a gamble buying a tablet for parts and get it working, I have had good luck doing this, doesn't mean you will, but it's worth a shot.
So you suggest me to buy a 9742? oki I will look for it.

Ricky405jr

Feb 23, 2013
oki message send to seller waiting for a reply.

aren't you going to sell you 8042? :)

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
oki message send to seller waiting for a reply.

aren't you going to sell you 8042? :)

I already did, well gave it away to my grandson, He loves it uses it everyday. He also has a 9742 but uses it less and less, So while he doesnt use 9742 I am working on it.

Just made a livesuite image for 9742 with CM10, So if the tablet became unbootable I could use that image if need be. Anyway if screen isn't broken then bid on the 8042.