Need a favor from an industrious user

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Right now there are too many sets of instructions for rooting the mid7015. If someone could consolidate all of the current steps in a new post, it would be greatly appreciated. I would do it, but I'm terrible at writing easy to understand step-by-step instructions.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Cutty1

Dec 18, 2010
I can Copy and Paste the Instruction from Josh If thats what you Want...Or do you Mean the Rom that You had Made?

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
What I'm wanting is something similar to the Ultimate Guide post. We need something with all of the updated information for getting at least root and clockworkmod recovery installed. If you wanted to include how to flash gapps or watery kyros, that would be fine. My main concern is the number of very confused new people we're getting. If we could reduce the number of confused FNG's, I'd be happy.

popeye1128

Feb 14, 2011
I'm willing to try. I can write a sentence, I think, and would leave out all the other stuff for now. Although, CWM should be part of any root and would include that as you say. What kind of time pressure? I hate pressure :}

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
no pressure. i'd rather have it done right than by a certain day. you can send me a pm with any early revisions that you might want read over/edited.

popeye1128

Feb 14, 2011
no pressure. i'd rather have it done right than by a certain day. you can send me a pm with any early revisions that you might want read over/edited.

I'll give it a shot and have a draft to you within 48 hours hopefully. Not that hard, just want to make sure it is easy and understandable as you requested.

popeye1128

Feb 14, 2011
Thanks brobox, I'll take it into account in the rewrite. It is hard to collect everything valuable with it scattered all over the place, no wonder l_n wants it redone. Haven't really gotten into it yet, stupid life gets in the way :)

popeye1128

Feb 14, 2011
I'm having computer problems. Made the mistake of installing the Win7 SP1 , not a smart move. May be the end of the weekend before I have something now. If anyone else can have something to l_n before that then be my guest. I would suggest anyone reading this stay away from SP1 for now.

purpleroses

Mar 4, 2011
Hey! Another newbie here to this forum and all forums. Appreciate your patience. I am not at all familiar with Android (have Windows XP and am familiar with only Windows). I have a used MID 7015 (without the "A") and had tried to root. Could not unzip the update file I had installed on the mini SD. Previously installed were Term Emulator and Superuser. I downloaded z4root plus AndExplorer, though they did not install to the SD but to the root files. Need help with that - installing to SD using WiFi connection on Kyros. My big question is if I remove the programs I downloaded and did a factory reset, will there be any residual that would prevent the update file from unzipping? Thanks

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
I'm having computer problems. Made the mistake of installing the Win7 SP1 , not a smart move. May be the end of the weekend before I have something now. If anyone else can have something to l_n before that then be my guest. I would suggest anyone reading this stay away from SP1 for now.

I know this is not a Windows forum but THANK YOU very much for the info....I was going to install SP1 tonight! I hope you get your problem taken care of quickly.

@l_n...I help write software manuals for my company. Let me know if you need help with anything like that in the future.

fxdominicano

Feb 4, 2011
Right now there are too many sets of instructions for rooting the mid7015. If someone could consolidate all of the current steps in a new post, it would be greatly appreciated. I would do it, but I'm terrible at writing easy to understand step-by-step instructions.

This video its what you're looking for: http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=/&gl=US#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=clGKXHjY548

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
@fxdominicano: no, i want what i asked for. the instructions here are in bad need of consolidation.

fxdominicano

Feb 4, 2011
I think your asking too much. Those are easy steps if you can't follow them so tablets and computers are not for you

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Better instructions help everyone.

Bump?

Has anyone tried asking koush if he will include the CWR into ROM Manager?