Need a root solution for Mid7022

ktakis

Jul 10, 2011
Hey yall, just got a Mid7022 on my hands, one of the few without HW problems

I dont really want to install CWM on it, mine has 2.3.3 and thats good enough for now, although i want it rooted for several reasons.

Is there a solution out already that does not involve FWND the tablet ?

SuperOneClick fails ( Gingerbreak or Psneuter )
Pushing su and busybox through ADB fails

i read there is a "update.zip" floating around that pushes su and superuser.apk but i seem not be able to track the file, please post me a link or additional info

Last edited:

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
I would also be interested in a update.zip we can just install to root. Please update on any info found

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
I went ahead rooting installing clockwork mod recovery in order to make a backup for safe keeping

First installed clockwork using daprospectas method. Really easy to do

Here are the two links for clockwork recov and cm7
http://androtab.info/files/tcc8803/cm7/20110619/EM73-8K/EM73-8K-recovery-signed.zip
http://androtab.info/files/tcc8803/cm7/20110619/EM73-8K/EM73-8K-cyanogen-signed.zip

You will need to extract the recovery zip because the recovery img is in it. Go download the android sdk(google it) and when it's all done and installed go to this site(Free download button at the bottom)
https://rs823tl4.rapidshare.com/#!download|823l33|380196682|AdbWinApi.dll|106|R~FB49C2FE0EB6A2A643527172EE0A5F05
and download this dll. It's called apdb32 something like it but anyway place that dll after you download it in your androidsdk\tools folder.Also put the recovery.img in the tools folder. Now turn your tablet off. Hold down the Menu button while turning it on you will get a message saying reset or plug in usb. Plug in your tablet to your pc and let windows install all the needed drivers(about 15 seconds). Open a command prompt and browse out to the tools directory once your sitting on that directory type 'fastboot flash recovery recovery.img' once that's done(5 secs) type 'fastboot reboot'. Your tablet will reboot and you know have CM recovery. I'm assuming you know how to install cm7 from recovery.MAKE A BACKUP FIRST.

Then went ahead booted into recovery and installed the sd zip from my first link
http://downloads.androidsu.com/superuser/su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip

Of course your method your trying is going to be threw update menu but I can report that that superuser file successfully installed and gave me root

jconaway99

Jul 9, 2011
I was able to install clockwork recovery and cyanogen 8k and it works the first time. But once the tablet goes to sleep the touchscreen is non responsive. It happens every time. Not sure what to do now.

ktakis

Jul 10, 2011
I have not Clockworked the tablet and i dont intend too
I used the original stock recovery from Coby to install su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed , i get below :

Install /sdcardFinding update package...

Opening update package...

Verifying update package...

E:signature verification failed

Installation aborted.

Last edited:

ktakis

Jul 10, 2011
I was able to install clockwork recovery and cyanogen 8k and it works the first time. But once the tablet goes to sleep the touchscreen is non responsive. It happens every time. Not sure what to do now.

You need to revert back to Stock Rom, thats a well known issue, thats why i will not touch clockwork and CM until its worked out

fun

Aug 19, 2010
I have not Clockworked the tablet and i dont intend too
I used the original stock recovery from Coby to install su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed , i get below :

Install /sdcardFinding update package...

Opening update package...

Verifying update package...

E:signature verification failed

Installation aborted.

hmm, then you need to modify that zip or make clockworkdmod for your tablet.

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
You need to revert back to Stock Rom, thats a well known issue, thats why i will not touch clockwork and CM until its worked out

This is an issue with CM7 nothing to do with clockwork. I wont touch CM7 either but backing up my stock rom is good to do with clockwork for safe keeping even if i dont plan on flashing any roms