Need Advice please. $200 and Confused??

AbbyDog

Dec 7, 2011
Hello Tablet Pro's! I know you have seen this post many times, and i have searched the boards many times and nothing quite like mine were found.

I have about a $200 budget. maybe up to $250.

I really want Multi-touch, SD Card Expansion, HDMI, to use netflix and watch MP4 movies i download.

I am so overwhelmed with all the tablets out there i get frustrated.

IF anyone can please give me your professional opinion on what the best/most feature tablets i should look at. I Really need help

Thank you so much.. -AbbyDog-

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hi AbbyDog welcome. You have certainly come to the right place with that question. In order to get a more personal answer please let us know what you intend on using the tablet for. There are a few devices in that range with those hardware features so it might depend on how you want to use the tablet. It sounds like it may mainly be for movies.

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Hi AbbyDog,

Welcome to the board, glad you could join us. Best Buy has just put the 16GB Transformer on sale for $299, I know it's just out of your range but it's a pretty darn good tablet, and well worth considering at that price, so I had to mention it in case you thought maybe you'd want one. You can get their keyboard dock and it gives you 16 hours of battery life, without that it's still hefty on battery power coming in at around 9 hours. Its down $50 bucks from when I did my higher end tablet research a couple of weeks ago. And when their new tablet comes out it might drop even lower. So if you are on the market for a 10" tablet that is a pretty sweet deal. There is another one I just recently learned about that might be worth looking into called the LePan Tc970 that might be better for your budget, but stil lhave a LOT of great features in a 10" tablet. I linked it to walmart because they had it for $198 but it's out of stock for the moment, however you can see reviews on the tablet and that might be information you want to use.

One thing I did was physically wrote down all the different tablets I was interested in, on a paper notebook, that's the notes I am referring to now. I did both 10" higher end tablets and more mid-range tablets of the 7" variety. I wrote down resolution, RAM, the speed and sometimes the TYPE of CPU the tablets had, along with if it had front facing or rear facing cams, with what resolution those were. I also wrote down if they had SDor MicroSD capabilities, and if they had USB and Micro HDMI ports. So did you want a 7" tablet or a 10" one? There are two in my signature I really liked and if I was going for the 7" I would have bought the Coby MID (mobile Internet Device) 7127 but hubby wants a 10" tablet so we're getting the other one in my signature, the Coby MID1125. BOTH have HDMI and the Capacitive touch screen that I feel is a must have feature for a tablet. Not all have that, to better understand the differences between the Resistive Touch screen and the Capacitive one I simply NEED to have, I have linked to a wiki article on the subject. ;)

If you're interested in 7" tablets let me know and I will rattle off some more that I researched. The ones in my signature are both fine tablets, and t he 7127, the last time I checked was going for $170 and the 10" one, the 1125 is around $211 right now. :)

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Hello Tablet Pro's! I know you have seen this post many times, and i have searched the boards many times and nothing quite like mine were found.

I have about a $200 budget. maybe up to $250.

I really want Multi-touch, SD Card Expansion, HDMI, to use netflix and watch MP4 movies i download.

I am so overwhelmed with all the tablets out there i get frustrated.

IF anyone can please give me your professional opinion on what the best/most feature tablets i should look at. I Really need help

Thank you so much.. -AbbyDog-
Hi AbbyDog, welcome to the forum, so which size of tablet would you prefer?
As for tablets under $200, you may have a look at our: Android Tablet PC. Most of them are under $200 with shipping,you may find something of your interest there, So many choices! hope you enjoy the online tablet buying.:)

AbbyDog

Dec 7, 2011
Hi AbbyDog welcome. You have certainly come to the right place with that question. In order to get a more personal answer please let us know what you intend on using the tablet for. There are a few devices in that range with those hardware features so it might depend on how you want to use the tablet. It sounds like it may mainly be for movies.

Mainly i want something i can sit on the bed with my mini Dachshund and surf the web. Able to watch movies i download which most all are MP4. Chat with friends on a few messengers, video chat and play games .

Be able to hookup to a TV and watch a movie though it. Use netflix, again play games. And if it could take pictures it would be great. Obviously a SD card expansion would be needed. Multi-Touch would be awesome. I would like to have every featur possible but obviously thats not gonna happen.

Also i guess android 2.2 atleast, maybe even 2.3 I am a pretty computer savvy person so i understand android but the amount of tablets available and all the pro's and con's just really get me confused. I think i find out then theres tons of negitive reviews. or i find another and it doesnt have this or that feature. ugh. headace already

Thank you all so much. -abbydog-

AbbyDog

Dec 7, 2011
OH and one quik question, what about the Kindle Fire?

It supports tons of video formats. any thoughts?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
OH and one quik question, what about the Kindle Fire?

It supports tons of video formats. any thoughts?

No SD card and no video out, so Fire is one you can probably cross off the list. You should look into the ones Pamster mentioned and see what you think. She really has done all the comparison leg work.

photoweborama

Nov 7, 2011
AbbyDog said:
Mainly i want something i can sit on the bed with my mini Dachshund and surf the web.
does yours dig a " hole" under your blankets, like mine does?

Sent from my Android.

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Mainly i want something i can sit on the bed with my mini Dachshund and surf the web. Able to watch movies i download which most all are MP4. Chat with friends on a few messengers, video chat and play games .

Be able to hookup to a TV and watch a movie though it. Use netflix, again play games. And if it could take pictures it would be great. Obviously a SD card expansion would be needed. Multi-Touch would be awesome. I would like to have every featur possible but obviously thats not gonna happen.

Also i guess android 2.2 atleast, maybe even 2.3 I am a pretty computer savvy person so i understand android but the amount of tablets available and all the pro's and con's just really get me confused. I think i find out then theres tons of negitive reviews. or i find another and it doesnt have this or that feature. ugh. headace already

Thank you all so much. -abbydog-
Hi, abbydog, as for your requirements, i think you should have a look at the Zenithink C71 in our site: 7 Inch Capacitive Screen Android 2.3OS Tablet PC with Amlogic Cortex A9 Processor - China Electronics Wholesale - Consumer Electronics Gadgets Dropship From China
with android 2.3, Cortex-A9 1GMhz processor, five-point multi-touch capacitive screen, built-in G-sensor & camera, can support flash 10.4 & Skype video chat...
it's special offer for $150 with shipping, hope that's what you want! welcome!:)

Last edited:

AbbyDog

Dec 7, 2011
Mine does! You know they're vermin dogs, right? They were bred to hunt badgers.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Tablet Forum

HAHA! so true. they love to tunnel under the covers.

And sometimes i play what i call "Blanky Monster" where my dog is above the sheets and i move my hand around under and she like ninja jumps and attacks it! they are the cutest dogs ever!

$abbydog.jpg

Weebee

Dec 1, 2011
You can get the Nook color. It doesn't have video out or camera. But it meets your other needs. Plus, it is android based and can be rooted to become quite a little power house.

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
How about this tablet?

I like the 10inch display, would it be good?
10.2 Inch Capacitive Screen Android 2.3OS Tablet PC with Amlogic Cortex A9 Processor

10.2 Inch Capacitive Screen Android 2.3OS Tablet PC with Amlogic Cortex A9 Processor - China Electronics Wholesale - Consumer Electronics Gadgets Dropship From China
Hi, AbbyDog. you can have a look at this thread in the "vendor services discussion":http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/vendor-services-discussion/26501-buying-c91-tablet.html
criver is one of our customer on this forum, and he bought the Zenithink C91(the device you mentioned above) in our site. welcome!:)