need advice

brushwood461

Jun 8, 2013
I am new to the tablet and need help to find where downloads go to, is there a folder like on a computer where you download to a folder then you can see and open I would appreciate any advice . THANK YOU . Patricia.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Patricia, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. When you download something, it automatically goes into the correct folder in the tablet memory. If it's an app, an icon for it is also created in your app library and all you need to do is tap it to run the app.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Hello Patricia and welcome, also. My tablet has an embedded app called Downloads where all docs, pics, etc. get dumped. However, it is very basic without being able to open files and is totally unreliable, so I downloaded a file manager app called Astro to better sort my stuff. I would recommend that you do the same. ES File Manager is another choice that is especially popular with members of the Forum.
Cheers.
Ed

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum!

I too use a file manager (ES File Explorer) to manage my files on my tablet. Most downloaded files other than apps end up in your /sdcard/Downloads/ folder. This includes EMail attachments, files downloaded from the web, saving pictures, etc.

When you install an app via an app store, or by opening an apk file, it gets installed to the /data/app/ (or /data/app-asec/) folder. This is a folder you do not have permission by default to get to. You can manage your installed apps in the Settings - Apps section and uninstall apps you do not use.

Hope that helps understand what is going on with your new toy. I mean tablet.