Need Assistance Locating/Installing Kindle App on MID7015

Mar 4, 2011
I need help from all you computer genious people re: the coby kyros....

Hi I am seriously debating returning this tablet. Basically, I wanted to load kindle because I have a mess of ebooks already purchased there for my ITouch. I loved the ItOUCH so much this just seemed like a bigger one that was an ereader. First of all I'm noticing the battery dies after about a 1/2 hour to 45 min. Secondly, in case I return it I don't want to go through the rooting process (and somehow mess that up). So. I see someone posted loading ApkShare and from THAT they could download Kindle. How? I looked everywhere! I purchased this tablet over the kindle because it could play games but so can a psp, and the itouch. This little device really is cool though, if I CAN JUST manage to load the kindle app without rooting then I'll keep it. (and read with the charger plugged in)

Q #2. Also, my pc does not seem to read the device when its hooked up with its usb cable, any clue why or how to fix this? PLEASE help me, I'm a computer illiterate that is terrified of messing up a rooting process, wish it just came the way everyone wanted it to BEGIN with, I PRAY COBY as a company pays attn to how everyone that owns one re roots it!

Cutty1

Dec 18, 2010
I need help from all you computer genious people re: the coby kyros....

Hi I am seriously debating returning this tablet. Basically, I wanted to load kindle because I have a mess of ebooks already purchased there for my ITouch. I loved the ItOUCH so much this just seemed like a bigger one that was an ereader. First of all I'm noticing the battery dies after about a 1/2 hour to 45 min. Secondly, in case I return it I don't want to go through the rooting process (and somehow mess that up). So. I see someone posted loading ApkShare and from THAT they could download Kindle. How? I looked everywhere! I purchased this tablet over the kindle because it could play games but so can a psp, and the itouch. This little device really is cool though, if I CAN JUST manage to load the kindle app without rooting then I'll keep it. (and read with the charger plugged in)

Q #2. Also, my pc does not seem to read the device when its hooked up with its usb cable, any clue why or how to fix this? PLEASE help me, I'm a computer illiterate that is terrified of messing up a rooting process, wish it just came the way everyone wanted it to BEGIN with, I PRAY COBY as a company pays attn to how everyone that owns one re roots it!
After you Plug the USB cable into the Computer,on the Tablet you will see three icons pop(2 usb icons and An Exlamation point) up on the top Left bar.Drag the Bar down and now you will see usb Connected (internal and external and usb debugging connected)..

Now if you tap usb connected (external) a window will pop up saying Mount or Don't Mount...When you Mount that gives you access to Load files on the SD card when you are finished adding file you have to UnMount the Same Way then unplug the USB from the Computer,,

Here Is the Link to Root the Tablet:
The Key Is Take your time and read the steps and you shouldn't have any problems....Good Luck....If you Have Problems i'm sure someone here will help you.

http://tipstir.the-talk.net/t1077-a...ows-no-special-drivers-or-adb-commands-needed

Last edited:

brobox

Feb 23, 2011
The Coby is below $150. because it is a stripped down model. To open it up to do all of the things a $250. reader can do, it does have to be rooted. If you do find a work-a-round to get Kindle to work, it might be easier to just go ahead and root the Coby. Find the post by lisa where she has upgraded the "how to root" instruction with some "red" highlights. Her instructions are easy to follow and then the Coby will do what you want it to.

Also reading the owners manual, not the quick start that came in the box, on the Coby website will help with how to make everything work including the USB hookup.

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
Root it and install it from the Android Market. You can also then install a ton of other great apps too.

Alpinist

Mar 20, 2011
Since nobody answered the original question of how to install the Kindle app without rooting, I thought I would mention that Slideme has the app and is easy to install, no rooting required. Slideme is an alternate app store, you just browse with your device to slideme.org and there is a link on the page to download the SAM application. That will download to your device and you can install it. Then you have an app store with a lot more available than the default AppsLib. Much easier and faster than trying to root your device for one application. To search with the slideme SAM app you need to press your menu key.

Also you can download the app from sites like freewarelovers.com. That requires copying the file to a microSD card and using a file manager app (which you can get in the Appslib store) to install it.

I installed ApkShare from Appslib and could not find any search tab or ability to search. Either there's something I don't know how to do or the version we have available to us in the app library is not really useable. If anyone knows how to get searching working in ApkShare that would be helpful as another source of software that doesn't require any rooting or much work at all to install.

Alpinist

Mar 20, 2011
One more follow up. I installed ApkShare from Slideme and that version does have a search tab and a search option from the menu. Looks like ApkShare from the AppsLib really doesn't work right.