Need Files for Proscan PLT7035

Jan 20, 2013
I have one of those ptl7035 units that I'm working on. It was completely locked so i tried factory reset with rkandroidtool and the results were.
1st time end result would only boot to green droid with red !
2nd time stuck on proscan logo
3rd time nothing but black screen
I have the drivers properly installed and currently connected to the unit.
Can anyone please rip the files from a working unit for me so that I can flash it with this rkandroidtool? Please!

vulcanize

Dec 28, 2011
I have a working unit of the Proscan PLT 7035 B for this week, but someone needs to give me step by step instructions on how to do the needful.

Jan 20, 2013
Nice of someone to actually offer some help but now I have seem to hit another wall. I tried flashing with a possible compatible firmware that uses the same chip and now I can't even connect to the thing anymore.
windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (code 43)
Think I'm ready to throw this proscan junk in the trash. :(

vulcanize

Dec 28, 2011
Nice of someone to actually offer some help but now I have seem to hit another wall. I tried flashing with a possible compatible firmware that uses the same chip and now I can't even connect to the thing anymore.
windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (code 43)
Think I'm ready to throw this proscan junk in the trash. :(

Well, it has been a learning curve for me too with regards to this generic tablet because most name brands already have somone with a solution out there and thus making it easier and hassle free for me ;)

Anyways, for whatever it is worth, have managed to take a system dump of the files from my Proscan PLT-7035 B and upload it as a zip file (hopefully the upload is not corrupted since I have been having internet connection issues lately)

Proscan_PLT7035-B - Download - 4shared

^^ Feel free to take from it what you want and all the best for resuscitating your Tablet.

Cheers. :)

Last edited:

cali

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sep 25, 2011
Welcome to the site and good luck with your Proscan.

Jan 20, 2013
Thank you much for the upload. Unfortunately I still can no longer establish a connection to the device. Going back to the company website where I would have got a rom in the first place I realize there are 6 different versions of this tablet. You have the B and I have the PL. Wish I could get it to connect again. :(

Last edited:

vulcanize

Dec 28, 2011
Thank you much for the upload. Unfortunately I still can no longer establish a connection to the device. Going back to the company website where I would have got a rom in the first place I realize there are 6 different versions of this tablet. You have the B and I have the PL. Wish I could get it to connect again. :(

Anyways, have created the kernel, boot, recovery and system images of ICS 4.0.4 for Proscan PLT7035-B and upload it on 4shared

Proscan_PLT7035-B - Download

Hopefully the above file is not a corrupt upload because my internet has been flubbing for past few days.

See if it is of any help if and when you do manage to get the connections going.

Also started a thread in xda [Resolved] Clueless about generic tablet - Proscan PLT 7035B???? - xda-developers

All the best.

Last edited:

vulcanize

Dec 28, 2011
Jelly Bean 4.1.1 on the RK2906 tablet - Proscan PLT7035-B

$Screenshot_2013-01-27-11-23-12.png

Click here to learn more about how to connect to PC, upgrade to JB 4.1.1, root and Play store
Cheers. :)

Jan 20, 2013
I have a couple questions for you. Is the chip that is responsible for making the connection hard coded or could I have wiped all data for a connection with the bad flash? Is there any way to force a connection, even connecting to another android or linux instead of windows?

vulcanize

Dec 28, 2011
I have a couple questions for you. Is the chip that is responsible for making the connection hard coded or could I have wiped all data for a connection with the bad flash? Is there any way to force a connection, even connecting to another android or linux instead of windows?

Try the following (it worked for me earlier today when I format and flashed different kernel and the CWM never kicked in as it was supposed to - for a custom rom install).

Turn off the tablet.
Press Volume UP (+) and the reset button together and keep holding it down a couple of seconds - let go of the reset button pressing - screen stays black -connect the USB cable - screen still stays black, but the PC starts looking for driver (if it has not been installed properly) or show a USB connection has been made.
Thereafter you can use fastboot - google it

If at first attempt it fails - keep trying it a couple of times - I wrestled with it quite a few times trying to get the tricky part of plugging USB while holding down the buttons (another thing I also tried was to keep continuing to press the power button on and off six to seven times)

;)

As soon as I saw that I had made the PC to tablet connection, used RKTools to do a complete fresh install of firmware.
Good luck to you.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2013
Here's what I get. The second it is plugged in while holding the buttons I get a notification "USB Device Not Recognized" and on the device manager properties of unknown device it says "Windows has stopped the device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" then if I release the reset button I get "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer (Code 45)". When I release the - or + it's back to the first error.

Jan 20, 2013
After moving it to the very first usb port on the pc I now have more reason to believe the chip controllers code is erased as well. Here's the error I get.
This device is disabled because the firmware of the device did not give it the required resources. (Code 29)

Jan 20, 2013
First USB port is 3.0 BTW. Some more info is that even though there is nothing on the screen it seems that it turns itself on right after plugging in the USB. With no lights or anything I say this for 2 reasons I can feel it warming up and as previous errors said win will stop the device but if I hold the power button in it will eventually say it is not connected for just a small bit as I believe it is turning itself right back on while connected to the USB.