Need Firmware for Allwinner A10MID because missing Touchpad-Control

Why_not68

Oct 15, 2012
Hello,
i bought a chinese Tablet-PC ALLWINNER A10MID TABLET PC 7 ZOLL ANDROID 4.0 CORTEX A8 1,5 GHZ 4 GB. The Device is visible on Page of AZhou.Net.

AZhuo Digital --- A10MID tablet pc,Allwinner A10(Boxchip) 1.5GHz, android 4.0.3, 7-inch Multi-point capacitive screen,Storage 4G,DDR3 512M,Support for 3G dongles and Ethernet with adapter...

My Problem is now, that i updated the Firmware with a ROM-Version from Eken T01 with Version like "sun4i_crane_t01a_0.8.1_20120224.img" because Error related to "android.process.acore has stopped"
After that i lost my touchscreen-control. Please can you give me some information, which ROM-Version i should use. On the AZhou.Net-Homepage i can't get any Information about the expected ROM-Version.

$A10MID-07.jpg$A10MID-03.jpg

Model NoA10MID
ChipAllwinner A10 (Boxchip)
Operating SystemAndroid 4.0.3
16:9 Display7-inch 800*480-pixel resolution,
Capacitive Screen
Storage4GB
DDR SDRAMDDR3 512MB
SensorsG-sensor
Wireless and CellularWi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n),
Support for 3G dongles and Ethernet with adapter
Support for softwareGoogle Map, App Market, Email, etc
Video formats supportedAll formats up to 1080p
Front camera, Photos, and Video RecordingVGA up to 30 fps with audio; 1.3M-quality still camera
Power and BatteryBuilt-in 1600mAh rechargeable lithium battery
Input/OutputUSB port,
Mini USB port,
HDMI Output,
3.5-mm stereo headphone jack,
Built-in speaker,
Microphone,
Micro SD card slot
In the boxUser manual,
Charger,
USB Cable

Is it possible to change the Hardware-Settings of the Touch-Screen-Konfiguration? I need your Help, because the Tablet PC is currently only usable with an external USB-Mouse.

BRgd

Why_Not68

weho

Jun 2, 2011
Guess what? I got this same tablet in black fro mAmazon, called iRulu 7" for about $70. Turns out this is a notoriously bad tablet/vendor. But aside from it being really cheap feeling and having a flaky as hell 5-point touch, it also is barely even supported by the "vendor."
I was playing around with mine, hoping that reflashing it with a custom rom would fix the digitizer issues and ended up borking the thing. Luckily, you can't brick an Allwinner A10. UNFORTUNATELY the vendor pointed me to their "reboot image" or their version of a recovery flash which is not the same as what came on the device. In fact, it was probably for a slightly older model in the same case. The reboot image they provided was Android 4.0.3, not 4.0.4 that came on it, and it is configured for the wrong touchscreen, so everything works provided you like plugging in a keyboard and mouse.
I found that by flashing this tablet with the CM9 rom and using the LY-1F CBW (3rd party) compatability zip I could get the digitizer working, but with a flipped x-axis. Argh.
Well, I managed to get that axis flipped around but unfortunately the CM9 rom also doesn't have the right wifi driver so I'm now trying to get that working. Luckily a USB ethernet dongle works just great so I can at least get the tablet up to snuff app-wise and do other stuff until I can get the wifi working.
So...I'd say that unless you like getting elbow-deep in your tablets nasty bits, just send it back and get a new one.

Last edited: