Need Help getting the Ramos W17 to Install Google Play

May 2, 2012
I installed the google framework and the google play apk, but it says "trying to connect to servers for your phone" or something like that, and then doesn't work. Do I need to root the device? There is some kind of Market on the tablet but its in Chinese. I'd like to have everything in English. I'm a little lost and would appreciate any help on getting Google Play on a stock Ramos W17 :)

Last edited:

garry103

May 15, 2012
I already used the file. So. Unzip it and you will have four files and plus one zip file. copy all files ( including zip file renamed to update.zip) into root of micro sd. i used 8 gb micro sd. Switch off the tablet and insert micro sd. Switch on the tablet and hold Vol- and power button until you see a blue menu. Release the buttons immediately after you see the menu. Using volume buttons navigate to update from sd card. Select update.zip. press power button. Wait until it completes. Input google email account etc. Done. I did exactly as described above and i hope it will work for you. By the way ramos w17 pro is an excellent tablet. Better than my xoom and bb playbook.

May 2, 2012
Also do you have to use a microsd card or can you just transfer the files to the 16gb on the tablet?

NVM just tried that didn't work.

I'm not sure where my microsd card is...too bad these things dont take sd cards :(

EDIT: Got it working! Thanks!

Last edited: