Need Help, how to clear a proxy setting? Market does not work

cheapjeep2

Sep 14, 2011
I tried to us a teather package called PDAnet. It had a pop up window to set the proxy settings, which I had to set to 127.0.0.1 and a specific port. I didn't like the app and needed to clear the proxy settings, but can't find where to clear it.
I uninstalled the software and rebooted, Now everything is working ok, but when I am in the market and try to down load something I get a network error. But all other browser settings work fine, just in the market.

Help? I broke my wife's tablet.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Fire up Google Talk. (its pre-installed). If that works, then the market should work.

Once you get an IP from a wireless router, you won't be using the proxy any more.
If you still think the proxy is in place, LONG Press the wifi connection you are using and you can get at settings. But this only works for Manually set up connections. Automatically set up ones do this, well, automatically.

cheapjeep2

Sep 14, 2011
Fire up Google Talk. (its pre-installed). If that works, then the market should work.

Once you get an IP from a wireless router, you won't be using the proxy any more.
If you still think the proxy is in place, LONG Press the wifi connection you are using and you can get at settings. But this only works for Manually set up connections. Automatically set up ones do this, well, automatically.

Let me clarify, everything works, but now what does not work is the Android Market, I constantly get an error now when trying to down load anything, I can use it. I need to restore this function asap.

Reese1ar

Jul 6, 2011
I tried using that app too so I could tether my phone without rooting. The only way to actually get to the proxy settings is to have the tablet rooted. When I had the issue it wasn't letting me get online at all. Since I'm not rooted I ended up having to do a factory reset which is a giant pain to re-download and setup everything. You'll probably need to do that as well.

WebViper

Dec 5, 2011
Yes the same thing.

I set it up and it failed. I THOUGHT I removed the IP address but I may of not removed the port! The browsers seems to be working but all gmail accounts and the market place does not work.

I can't find the settings as the program took you to the settings. I have uninstalled the program and I can't download it now from the market place. I bet I did not clear the port!

I have emailed the PDAnet people for help! This is bad to have a three day of Tablet and now not working.

HELP!

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Proxy settings are available by Long Press on an individual Wifi Connection.

If you simply tell the tablet to FORGET a network and set it up again you should be rid of the proxy settings.

WebViper

Dec 5, 2011
This is a setting that PDANET had you set when you installed the program. It is not linked to an individual Wifi Connection.

WebViper

Dec 5, 2011
I just spoke with ASUS support and their answer is reset to factory default. At this point that is not an option!

I hope the PDANET support will reply soon!

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
But it uses your email to authenticate. Your account is tied to your email account.

Your market account is tied to your GOOGLE account to authenticate, but the market app does not honor a proxy, and therefore it can not connect to the market.

Only a few things honor the proxy, such as a browsers and maps honor the proxy.

WebViper

Dec 5, 2011
Google Talk does not work. "Connection interrupted - Status updates temporarily unavailable" Google Talk, the market place and Gmail does not work.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Google Talk does not work. "Connection interrupted - Status updates temporarily unavailable" Google Talk, the market place and Gmail does not work.

Thanks for confirming what I just told you. Web browser and Google maps only. Maybe the gmail app, but I'm not sure.
Restart pdanet, and shut it down in the order mentioned in the thread on Android Central. The proxy removal option is only
there when PDAnet is running.

WebViper

Dec 5, 2011
I had uninstalled PDANET. I did the reset and all is well now. Not I got to set all of my email back up. Their were some things I wanted to do over anyway! It is just sad that no one knows how to reset the proxy settings in Android.