Need Help Identifying Tablet

Arkevius

Oct 5, 2012
Hey all! I am completely foreign to Android tablets, so I'm having a bit of a time trying to identify this tablet.

It has NO model number, manufacturer, or make on the physical tablet anywhere.
When it boots, it says it has:
Android OS 2.2
Kernel 2.6.32
Build Number V1.5.1

I tried to compare some pics from google by just searching for 'android tablets' and found one that looks like it that appears to be a MI702. Can anyone confirm this?

imgur: the simple image sharer

My original problem was that this particular tablet will not boot past the screen shown in the third image. From what I've read, it seems I need to flash the firmware. However, because I do not know what model this is, I am stuck.

Any help would be appreciated in both matters (identifying the tablet and post-boot fix).

Arkevius

Oct 5, 2012
*bump*

I still haven't found much on this tablet. Has anyone seen one like this before..?

Arkevius

Oct 5, 2012
Go to www.unlockroot.com/unlockroot.php
It has a large database of model numbers of devices it can unlock / root.
Check for your model number there; it may list additional info for your tablet.

That seems like a great resourceful site. However, my main problem is being able to indentify my tablet, and finding what model it even is. It's not shown anywhere on the device. No stickers or inscribings at all.

Natey2

May 25, 2012
Have you tried connecting your tablet to a computer via USB?
If you can, extract the file /system/build.prop and it will have all the info you need in there, unless someone hacked it up already.

On a linux system, use lsusb to identify the USB Vendor ID used by your tablet. My iDeaUSA tablet uses the same Vendor ID as Google, so the standard Google USB driver works for me.