Need Help with a Cruz T301

lomfs24

Nov 9, 2011
Aside from the already well documented problems with the Cruz T301 tablet (problems that I didn't know about prior to buying one for myself and one for my wife) I am have having a ton of problems with mine specifically. My wife's seems to be working as well as expected. However, mine will crash all the time. The reason I bought it was to use it as a reader and maybe use it for a few other apps. Most of the apps I wanted to use I found out later will either not work, crash or simply not load.

I can get about three pages into web surfing and then the browser will crash, the Kobo app will work about 50% of the time, the rest of the time the app will crash unexpectedly. I thought maybe I got one with a bad load on the OS. So I downloaded the update from Cruz. And it won't load the update. It's now past the time I can take it back to Radio Shack and I am stuck with a tablet that is literally useless.

When I say crash I mean it will either lock up, just close and go back to the main screen or it will give me the error box that says that it stopped unexpectedly and gives me buttons to either force close or wait. If I wait it will lock up and that's all she wrote.

I have already done a factory reset on it twice and have only loaded apps from the Cruz market.

As I mentioned it already has Android 2.2 on it. I am beginning to wonder if there is not some part of the actual hardware is bad. Like maybe some bad memory or something.

Anyone else have problems like this?

lomfs24

Nov 9, 2011
P.S. I am not really trying to push the limits with this tablet. All I really wanted was a reader, cruise the web, and play a few games. Not really looking to watch movies or video conference or anything that is processor intensive.

lomfs24

Nov 9, 2011
No, replies. Well, I got it fixed anyway. It involved taking it back to Radio Shack and trading it in. I came to the conclusion that it was definitely something wrong with that particular tablet. My wifes works as good as can be expected but mine just didn't work. Traded it an now it works great.

On to the next problem.

AshlyMeyer

Mar 20, 2012
How do you do a factory reset? I have bought one for my son and he LOVES it! Works perfect for his limited needs, but all of a sudden lately it will randomly freeze up. sometimes it will work fine for an hour or more, other times it will freeze every few minutes. the only way we can get it to start working again is to push the reset button. any help would be greatly appreciated.

times2fxp

Apr 6, 2012
How do you do a factory reset? I have bought one for my son and he LOVES it! Works perfect for his limited needs, but all of a sudden lately it will randomly freeze up. sometimes it will work fine for an hour or more, other times it will freeze every few minutes. the only way we can get it to start working again is to push the reset button. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just goto their website and pull up your model. search for the firmware upgrade. Download to your computer, Copy to sdcard, put sdcard in the tablet, turn on tablet and it will install. follow the prompts from there out!. Detailed instructions are on their site.

A.) Once you have finished saving the update file to your SD card, eject it from your PC and insert it into your Cruz device.

STEP 3: Activate the update sequence, and wait for the process to complete
A.) With the Cruz T301 powered off, press and hold the volume up button (keep holding), then press and hold the power button at the same time. Keep holding both buttons, the screen will read CRUZ first, and then the Android robot and software package icons will appear on the screen with a progress bar.
B.) You may now release the buttons and allow the process to complete.
C.) When done, the Cruz load will reappear and the unit should then load normally.

Last edited:

lisalokita

Jul 31, 2014
i need help cannot use browser it goes back to honepageand cruz market and google why i need to know