Need help with RootinG (that just sounds wrong LOL)

mr2u

May 27, 2011
Getting rather frustrated here trying to root my Telstra S7-104
Have flashed/installed the norwegian rom and now want to root it ( again sounds so wrong).
have tryed "GingerBreak v1.2" but it just hangs at

Rooting...
Running exploit...
This may take a few minutes!
Device will reboot on sucess!

Has been there for 25 minutes now

Also tryed SuperOneClick with no luck, get stuck "waiting for device" and SOC becomes non responsive.
Tyryed it in GingerBreak mode as well as Psneuter mode. Tryed it in safe mode too, also Tryed the un plug-replug method, all to no luck
What am i doing wrong ???
P.S. yes the drivers are installed as i can move stuff from my SD card to my comp and back using the USB cable

Cocobean

May 5, 2011
I had same problem, kept doing same thing over and over expecting different result (definition of insanity) finnaly worked.

Superoneclick
psnueter.

Keep trying. Every reeboot brings you closer.

Indonesian rom.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

Cocobean

May 5, 2011
Superoneclick (rightclick and run as administrator)

psnueter

also i have windows 7 ran in compatability mode, windows xp service pack 2

hope this helps dude.

mr2u

May 27, 2011
Nope, have tryed all different way and times, even tried v1.7 as well as 1.9.1 . i must be doing something wrong. time to give up and try something different, its just not going to work for mine.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I think the problem may be that you need the Huawei usb drivers. Without them you can mount your sd cards and read/write but not adb. Also I noticed there is some confusion about mounting the sd cards. You don't want to mount the cards on your pc like you need to do to transfer data, however DO NOT unmount the cards on your S7. Hope this helps, SOC worked first try for me.

Fendogz

Feb 3, 2011
Nope, have tryed all different way and times, even tried v1.7 as well as 1.9.1 . i must be doing something wrong. time to give up and try something different, its just not going to work for mine.

This might sound silly but did you download SOC and extract the files to another folder then open SOC in administrator from there. I made that mistake the first time then realized that I had to extract the files first. Hope you get it to work.

mr2u

May 27, 2011
So are any of you using a telstra 104 with norwegian rom?

Sent from my IDEOS Telstra S-7 using Android Tablet Forum

chan2011

May 3, 2011
I have the telstra ttt and am running the norwegian rom. Actually I think I was the first to report trying the norwegian rom on the tttt and the unlocking.

Did the rom flashing and rooting for quite some time hence my memory might not be accurate. I used soc, and I did encounter the wait you mentioned. It was however just because I jumped too quickly and forgot to set usb debugging on. Once I did that, soc on the Xp pc could talk to the tab and the rooting was finished in a matter of seconds.

njdvls30

Dec 27, 2010
I think the problem may be that you need the Huawei usb drivers. Without them you can mount your sd cards and read/write but not adb. Also I noticed there is some confusion about mounting the sd cards. You don't want to mount the cards on your pc like you need to do to transfer data, however DO NOT unmount the cards on your S7. Hope this helps, SOC worked first try for me.

i downloaded the drivers but where do unzip them to?

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
You can unzip the files anywhere you want but remember where you put them. Then find your s7 and update the driver. Just need to point to the right directory because it probably wont find it on its own. Be sure and point it to the right folder for the OS you are using.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum

gadgetuser

Jun 4, 2011
Hi guys, just recently purchased the s7-103. Installed and upgraded to 2.2, but it wont let me root it? Tried z4 and superoneclick. The former states 'fu-goo' or something similar and the latter states 'waiting for device'. Any ideas and or attached the link which is known to work with instructions. I'm using win7 so do I still need the drivers. Also, any known custom roms, i.e CM7 or a likes to make this tablet run smoother. Thanks

miker49er

Feb 23, 2011
Hi guys, just recently purchased the s7-103. Installed and upgraded to 2.2, but it wont let me root it? Tried z4 and superoneclick. The former states 'fu-goo' or something similar and the latter states 'waiting for device'. Any ideas and or attached the link which is known to work with instructions. I'm using win7 so do I still need the drivers. Also, any known custom roms, i.e CM7 or a likes to make this tablet run smoother. Thanks

Gingerbreak gave me root for Indo 2.2. There's a link on the forum somewhere.

gadgetuser

Jun 4, 2011
Thanks for the reply. Gingerbreak wouldn't root the tablet, but got USB drivers installed on an XP PC and it recognised the tablet and then rooted via superoneclick.