Need Help!!

technotatall

Dec 7, 2011
Ok so I am new to this forum and really am not techno savy what so ever. But I am looking for an Android Tablet for a Christmas Gift. I do not want to spend over $150. Would much rather have it closer to $100. And yes, I know you get what you pay for. I would like it to have wifi and other than that just want something that is some what of good quality. Can anybody give me suggestions on what the best tablet in this price range would be? Thanks in advance!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi, welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. The best place for "shopping" advice is the Android Tablet Discussions section so I'm moving your post over there.

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Hi technotatall,

Welcome to the board, I am glad you joined us here. I don't know if you would be interested in the Coby MID7022 but Toys R Us has them on sale right now for just over your price range, and it has a capacitive screen. That's a big deal in my book, for around $100 you usually end up with the other kind of screen, resistive touch screen. That uses pressure and from my understanding is prone to breaking or wearing out much sooner then the Capacitive touch screens like on phones and some tablets. If it was me, I would spend a little more and make sure the device I was getting had this better touch screen capability. The capacitive screens rely on the conductivity of the human body for sending information to the device on what we tell it to do for us. FOr more information on touch screens check out this wiki entry:

Touchscreen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

pinkgirlmommy

Dec 7, 2011
I was about to post something very similar. I have been trying to research tablets in my free time and I am on information overload! I want to get the most bang for my buck, but there are so many out there!!!! I am looking at spending around $100 as well for a 7" tablet for my 7 year old. Mostly for playing games such as Angry Birds and for watching videos as well. Her half brother has an IPad and she loves it and plays with it whenever he is visiting but we can't afford that. It would be great if we could do skype or video chat on it as well. I have read that capacitive touch is better. I have read several recommendations for the Coby Kyros ones. Pamster- is the MID7022 better than the MID7024 ($157 on Amazon), the MID7120 ($129.60 on Amazon), and the MID7125? They have all four on Amazon. The MID7022 is $170 on Amazon. I keep reading that the Coby Kyros are good but am confused because there are so many models! I also saw a MID8024 on Amazon for about the same price ($156).

I have also read several recommendations for these that are also inexpensive but would like to find out which one is best:

Zenithink C71 (found it for $136.99)
McBub: Low-Priced , USD 136.99, A9 Tablet Zenithink ZT-280 C71 5-Point Capacitive Touchscreen Android 2.3 Camera/HDMI (CN105788)

Ainol Novo 7 or Ainol Novo 7 Advanced (I found these for $119)
Ainol NOVO 7 Advanced A10 Capacitive Android Tablet 8GB HOTMID.com

I also saw a Maylong M250 at Target.com in my price range.

Which one of these is best?

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Ok so I am new to this forum and really am not techno savy what so ever. But I am looking for an Android Tablet for a Christmas Gift. I do not want to spend over $150. Would much rather have it closer to $100. And yes, I know you get what you pay for. I would like it to have wifi and other than that just want something that is some what of good quality. Can anybody give me suggestions on what the best tablet in this price range would be? Thanks in advance!
Hi, technotatall, welcome to the forum.
I think these two tablets (both with $149.9 with shipping)i will recommend to you might can meet your requirements:
The first one is Zenithink C71, it comes with android 2.3, Cortex A9 processor, five-point capacitive touch screen, support flash 10.4, and it can support flash video chat. it's a very decent and good looking tablet. :)
View attachment 4812View attachment 4813
The second one is Ainol Novo 7" with android 3.2 honeycomb,Two Point Multi Touch Capacitive Screen with Dual Camera and Allwinner A9 1GHz Processor.
$Ainol Novo 7.png$Ainol Novo 7-1.png
And you can find more here: Android Tablet PC. hope you enjoy the online shopping!:)

Last edited:

nhwestra

Nov 3, 2011
Wait til january and get the Ainol Novo 7 C. $99.
Android 4.0

If you are looking to buy a xmas gift that needs shipping out of china...u got only a few days...