Need size for Wallpaper

tuthpick

Sep 10, 2011
I would like to add wallpapers but need to find out what size they should be.
It keeps wanting to crop any I have and they do not look quite right.
I would like to resize pictures to make it not need cropping.
Most what I have are PC size, 800x600 somw larger.

Also could you tell me where the stock wallpapers are located in root?

Thanks

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011
If you get the app QuickPic it will do the wallpaper correctly.
The reason it wants to crop is so it can do the picture in landscape and portrait, which of course different sizes.

elsuirad

Jul 28, 2011
The tablet screen size is 1280 x 800.

I had changed my wall paper several times until I found the right image for my A500.

Even you have wallpapers 800x600 or more, you can crop or resize it on the screen right away and make it as a WP but not affecting the original size of the image.

I have also some images more than 1280x800 pixels, but still I can use it anytime I wanted.

marvin02

Aug 25, 2011
I don't know about Honeycomb, but for earlier versions of Android the wallpaper dimensions are twice the width of your device display in pixels by the height of your device display in pixels. So for a device that has a screen that is 480 pixels wide by 800 pixels high the wallpaper would be 960x800.

While that is the Android default different home apps handle wallpaper differently with settings to not scroll the wallpaper or by handling the wallpaper display instead of letting the OS handle it.

If you want to make your own wallpapers work on large images in the largest multiple of the size you need that you can. When you are done with the image than resize it to the smaller size. This makes it easier to work with detail and I find it gives a better final image.

I use IrfanView for windows and GIMP (multi-platform) for manipulating images. You can get some great images for wallpapers at the accuweather photo site.

I also like the wallpaper picker in QuickPic.

sopranosv

Nov 22, 2010
As far as wallpapers for the Iconia (and I think for the rest of tablets with similar specs) I found that they are 1920x1408...tried them and working so far