Need tips & recommendations for new Android tablet users

TabletConnect

Aug 4, 2010
Hello everyone. I am putting together a brief video tutorial on what to do first after buying an Android tablet. I have realize that tablet manufacturers do not do a good job explaining how to first set up the tablet. I am looking for tips & recommendations that one should do when he/she turns on the new Android tablets.

These are some of the things that I do first when getting a new tablet:

• Adjust brightness (to conserve battery). Many times the brightness is either high or it is on Automatic Brightness which personally do not find it useful.
  • Activate USB debugging.
  • Activate "Unknown Sources" to allow installation of non-market applications.
Those are the types of examples that I am looking for.

Thanks for your help!

maxaorstore

Apr 20, 2011
Does the Android SDK contain anything to test your application on while developing an Android application (much like the iPhone does)?

I don't own a phone with Android (I actually have an iPhone...) but I would like to program some Android apps, without burning money on a phone. When it comes time to test my application on a live phone I have plenty of friends that would be willing to be guinea pigs.

TabletConnect

Aug 4, 2010
I am actually looking for tips from the community. I am going to put together a "tutorial" once I gather enough tips/recommendations. Thanks.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

TabletConnect

Aug 4, 2010
You are in the wrong thread. :)

Yes, the SDK has an emulator which you can actually customize (screen size, etc.) I haven't used it in a while so I can't really what else you can customize. You can test your apps there.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I think you want to go over the basics.

Function of buttons, keyboards, what is a home screen...

As for tips...

Change language, compatibility mode, how to identify it (ASI, Linpack), power saving tips, how to change the launcher, widgets, icons

TabletConnect

Aug 4, 2010
I think you want to go over the basics.

Function of buttons, keyboards, what is a home screen...

As for tips...

Change language, compatibility mode, how to identify it (ASI, Linpack), power saving tips, how to change the launcher, widgets, icons

Thanks. How could I forget these?

Oct 14, 2011
I have a new 2.2 7" tablet and want to know how to get some personmal photos on to the tablet, so use of USB with tablet is something i need to know can anyone help please.