Needs a clever lan guy

Cush

Sep 1, 2011
Had my tablet a while now, infact we have 3 between us and have never had any issues with net or lan. I have now set up a new pc with win 7 under tv and it and my older pc are both wired to a gigabit switch which is fed from a cable hub. All pc's - 3wired and any laptops - wireless all see and connect as they should. The tablets all have android 4 ICS and all have internet and see the lan but the strange bit is they hardly ever connect to newer mce pc,they see it when a scan is run but very rarely connect. I have been messing with this now for a while and cant work out why they can connect one minute and then never again for days sometimes.
I have pc's all on same network and even gave em static ip.Checked firewalls but as said sometimes it works so cant see anything in firewall causing it. Just need someone else to see and have a ponder as to what it is im missing lol
Sorry for long post and hope it makes some sense but really need some advice if posss. thnx

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
You didn't say what you are connecting with. My suggestion would be ES File Explorer. Could be you just need to make a change in what you're using. Anti Virus could be a part of the problem and still be intermittent. Just a thought.

Cush

Sep 1, 2011
Thnx for reply, yer using ES although have tried file manager and astro too all with same results. Have just wired mce to cable hub direct and turned off all antivirus and firewall and still get login failure.

echofire

Dec 29, 2011
Are you trying to see video, just access files, or are you trying to use the tablets as remotes - also which apps are you using? How do you have your router setup, that is to say, have you reserved the ip address's for each comp on the router and what kind of authentication do you have setup on the wifi (none, wep, wpa, wpa2)? Does the windows PC have a login setup for it, or does it boot directly in? Have you ensured that sharing settings are all setup on the Windows 7 system?

Sorry for all the questions, but just trying to understand where you are coming from. I have a couple of PC's tied through a home server as well as both my wife's iPhone and my android tablet and phone all able to link in as necessary. I'm not an expert by any means - but I've been able to resolve most problems I've run into and am willing to offer any help I can.

Cush

Sep 1, 2011
ok I have just installed a 2tb drive and have moved most of my stuff over to it. I have shared the drive and all its sub folders ect.. everything is working fine between all pc's and laptops. The tablets are seeing all machines on the network and are connecting fine with all but the new mce machine.. although sometimes it does connect which is what makes it wierd. I thought it may be ES so tried a few other apps but have had the same results in all, mainly I get a login failure,, say today it has not worked once but yesterday it connected a couple of times and I even watched a movie on tablet from the mce pc.

Tragidy thnx for your input I have saved the plex page for reading later,deffo an option if I cant resolve this issue

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
So, it sounds like "some" progress, but it also sounds like the MCE is still a problem. I would do a complete disgnostic of that system including a disk check for possible file corruptions.

Cush

Sep 1, 2011
well low an behold my tablet just got a connection for first time today, nothing is any different as all I have done is check and dbl check settings or turn on/off things but when it worked all was same as always so still no idea what is causing it.
leeshor it does seem as though the problem is with the mce machine but everything I have checked and set is exactly as the other win 7 pc and that has no issues at all.It was a clean fresh install over xmas when I upgraded the thing. thnx again.

Cush

Sep 1, 2011
Arrggg... watched 2 movies on the tablet last night then just tried to connect again and back to login failure.Nothing changed infact mce pc has not even been shutdown or rebooted since last successful login.I can't find anything wrong in network settings so will try a disk check now.:(

Cush

Sep 1, 2011
Well after checking pc inc disk check ect the mrs suggested deleting ES and doing a re-install so I decided to empty cache and data first (in ES)and see what if any difference it made. It connected first time and was working untill I shut down in the early hours.Then this morning booted up tablet just to see and it has been fine every time so far..not one login failure yet.Fingers crossed it may be sorted but will see how we go for day or so.
Cheers Ian.

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
Well after checking pc inc disk check ect the mrs suggested deleting ES and doing a re-install so I decided to empty cache and data first (in ES)and see what if any difference it made. It connected first time and was working untill I shut down in the early hours.Then this morning booted up tablet just to see and it has been fine every time so far..not one login failure yet.Fingers crossed it may be sorted but will see how we go for day or so.
Cheers Ian.

Hi

The more I read the more it sounds like wiring or wifi issues or night interference aka...... * ghost get an emp scanner bet that at 2am to 6am ur house is lit up with radio problems. Or your local swat or military are using the link channels change wifi channel to 11 and try.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Cush

Sep 1, 2011
Very peculiar, since it only had a problem with that one system, but glad it seems to be working.

Well it worked fine for a day and a half then not been able to connect to mce pc again for over a day now. Have checked all settings comparing them to my other pc but can't spot anything different.

Cush

Sep 1, 2011
Hi

The more I read the more it sounds like wiring or wifi issues or night interference aka...... * ghost get an emp scanner bet that at 2am to 6am ur house is lit up with radio problems. Or your local swat or military are using the link channels change wifi channel to 11 and try.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I have tried it on channel 6 and on 11 but no difference,also if it was a wiring issue then I would of thought that Id get problems between it and other pc's on my lan but it is only the tablets that cannot connect to the mce every other combo is working great.

Cush

Sep 1, 2011
Most of yesterday I could not get ES to connect again to the mce so I tried file manager which connected 1st time... ES finally got a connection late on and was fine for rest of the night.
I am now having to consider moving my server hard drive into another machine to make life easier but I hate admittiing defeat lol if anyone has any more ideas please shout out before I give up. cheers.