Netflix 9-26-2011

StoneKy

Jul 30, 2011
Had to call Netflix Customer Service to change my account to Streaming Only.

Asked the customer service rep. about support for the Acer Iconia a500. He said that a supported device had to:

1: have Android 2.2 or higher

&

2: support Silverlight

if not then to stream Netflix would "never" happen.

I asked about IOS not supporting Silverlight and was told Apple had proprietary software that was approved by Netflix and for our Acer's to ever to be able to stream then they (Acer) would have to work out a proprietary program that meet Netflix model.

Personally I think he's wrong!

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Silverlight?

That's windows software.
There is no official release of silverlight for any android platform. (Some hackers got it working somewhere I believe).

I think you got sent to the Idiot Tech Support Department. So he's not only wrong, he's an idiot.

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
Wouldn't Android need to supply the Silverlight "alternative" and not Acer? It seems kind of odd to make all the hardware manufacturers supply this.
My wife's cousin has a yet to be released app for Netfilx that works on her ASUS EEPad Transformer. According to her, it's not available in the market yet, but will be. I'm still trying to get her to tell me where she got it. It worked just fine, we watched part of a movie yesterday.
I don't have a Netfilx account, but will in the near future.
Anyone interested in testing it?
Does anybody know how I could go about checking to see if it's safe and will work on the A500?