Netflix and ICS

Dutch88

Apr 1, 2012
Hi Folks!

I just thought I'd start a thread for all the ICS/Netflix issues. I have a Zenithink ZT-280 C91 3a (512MB + 8GB NAND) that came preloaded with ICS 4.0.3. I loaded Netflix and Flash 11 right away and have the common

sound but no video problem that is very common....I went to Android v2.3 (using the Zenithink website downloads) and loaded flash 11 and Netflix.....Still didn't work. Installed the 3-14 update from Zenithink but installed flash 10.2

(by running the pak2.apk file in the Android/data/ directory that is written when you do an update (ragin thunder game, angry birds and skype is there too)). I then installed Netflix, I had the same sound but no video problem. I decided

to try 2.3 again so I zt-updated to the zenithink official 2.3 firmware. I then loaded the afore-mentioned flash 10.2 from the install....and netflix from the Google Play Market....NETFLIX worked great! I haven't installed flash 11 (which I

think has something to do with the problem, but I believe mostly its with ICS). So I am currently on Android 2.3, adobe flash 10.2 and everything works great. I also found that almost all applications are available now. A lot of the time

I got the application not compatible with your device error. I rarely see that anymore. I am glad to know that the problem is not the hardware...so why did googlers write an Android OS upgrade (ICS 4.0.3) that REDUCES the functionality

of your devices?? Wouldn't some test apps BE Netflix, You Tube, Skype, ect...? SO...if someone gets NETFLIX working with a C91 running Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3.....LET US KNOW HOW YA DID IT!!! Thanks!

Androidinabox

Mar 15, 2012
Hi Dutch88, thanks for your sharing on your Zenithink ZT-280 C91

Google is trying its best to upgrading the Android OS, and it is difficult for Googlers to test all the functions before the OS released.

Thanks for the sharing again :)

Dutch88

Apr 1, 2012
Thanks for reply. I don't understand the fast pace of the Android releases. All the talk is now about Jelly bean....why not get ICS dialed in first....? A new OS version every few months doesn't help the testing

issues I'm sure.