Netflix - I just watched Apollo 13 streamed from Netflix

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
I'll have to give it a shot. Probably won't work for me though because I'm not in the US.

rgc6789

Apr 8, 2011
I'm hearing that some Roms work and some don't. How about we get some feedback on who has had success and who hasn't.

CM7 is working.

Sent from my gTablet running CM7.

Last edited:

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
Sorry if i've rouged your thread rgc6789... I figured it was best not to duplicate and have people clicking all around from thread to thread... but thought I'd link this in as an alternative to having to edit your buid.prop. Ften at XDA have edited the neflix app so that the app doesn't do the device check... so no need to edit any system files

If you've tried netflix before uninstall any previous Netflix apps...

Download the second APK front this xda thread... [APP]Official Netflix (new device check disabled) - xda-developers

make sure your Flash Player app is updated to the latest 10.3.. (not really sure it has any effect but trodging through the XDA thread it seemed people with 10.2 weren't getting it to work.)

install the app you downloaded REBOOT your device ... log into your account and enjoy... :)

And FYI this version works on Froyo also or so it did for my stock rooted Droid X and stock Archos 101 .. worth a shot.. post if it worked for your ROM..

--- EDIT:----

I can confirm that this doen't work for the Alpha's of Honeycream (Bottle of Smoke)... a friend of mine has a Gtab with the rom, he tried and no love... sorry.. :(

Last edited:

rgc6789

Apr 8, 2011
The disabled version does not work for me.

Sent from my VEGAn-TAB using Android Tablet Forum

beastman

May 8, 2011
I'm hearing that some Roms work and some don't. How about we get some feedback on who has had success and who hasn't.

CM7 is working.

Sent from my gTablet running CM7.

Are you running stable or nightly? It did not work for me.

Sent from my GTablet running Cyanogenmod nightly using Android Tablet Forum

beastman

May 8, 2011
Edit build.prop

I learned you only have to change one line. Change malata to HTC
Save and exit, then reboot. Netflix will now work.

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

rgc6789

Apr 8, 2011
Are you running stable or nightly? It did not work for me.

Sent from my GTablet running Cyanogenmod nightly using Android Tablet Forum

I was running Stable without any issues, however I switched to Vegan last week. I tried the disabled version but that did not work. I have not yet made the build.prop change yet.

jgonz007

Jun 6, 2011
Edit build.prop

I learned you only have to change one line. Change malata to HTC
Save and exit, then reboot. Netflix will now work.

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

I'm new to android. How do I edit the app?

beastman

May 8, 2011
You need to be rooted. Use root file explorer, navigate to /system. Mount rw
Fine build.prop then long hold on it and select open in text editor.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
From what I've read on other blogs changing the build.prop file is no longer needed... netflix has natively turned off device checking across the board... all u need to view netflix is the official app... I know it works on cyanogen mod7... supposed to work on froyo too... but not sure which roms...

Last edited: