New 2918 7" 4:3 tablet WXG-7F29

freddyzdead

May 1, 2011
Hi guys, I've got a neat little tab with built-in 3G, 2 cameras, really nice unit. I can't find out anything about who made it or where new firmwares might come from. Before I play with it too much, I'd like to dump the ROM so I have a backup in case I brick it. I have a Curtis Klu 8" brick so I know what I'm talking about. Is there a tool with unambiguous instructions that can run in Windows environment that can identify and dump the important partitions? Even to hack for root access and reflash. Also, maybe this tablet exists as other name, how can I find out? All I can find is model no. WXG-7F29. RAM 512, storage 8G, TF 32G, 2x USB 2.0, speed 1008 MHz, camera front 0.3 back 2.0 M-pixels, 3G built in, doesn't need dongle, sim card slot on side. 5-point capacitive screen, 800x600. Plays Angry Birds no hesitatiion. Very smooth UI and feels nice. Mostly I want to dump the ROM so I can experiment.

Harri

Feb 3, 2012
Hi guys, I've got a neat little tab with built-in 3G, 2 cameras, really nice unit. I can't find out anything about who made it or where new firmwares might come from. Before I play with it too much, I'd like to dump the ROM so I have a backup in case I brick it. I have a Curtis Klu 8" brick so I know what I'm talking about. Is there a tool with unambiguous instructions that can run in Windows environment that can identify and dump the important partitions? Even to hack for root access and reflash. Also, maybe this tablet exists as other name, how can I find out? All I can find is model no. WXG-7F29. RAM 512, storage 8G, TF 32G, 2x USB 2.0, speed 1008 MHz, camera front 0.3 back 2.0 M-pixels, 3G built in, doesn't need dongle, sim card slot on side. 5-point capacitive screen, 800x600. Plays Angry Birds no hesitatiion. Very smooth UI and feels nice. Mostly I want to dump the ROM so I can experiment.
I have to find the tiny booklet which came with the tablet. (easy to misplace).

By the way are your 2 cameras working. Mine are not on
WXG-7F29 .