New Android 4.0 Tablet from Bauhn To Sell in Aldi Stores in Germany June 6th

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
bauhn-android-tablet.jpeg

Germany will have a pretty impressive new Android tablet available in their Aldi retail chain soon. The company Bauhn will be bringing their new Android 4.0 Tablet to market (model number AMID-971R) and selling them in Aldi stores. What is most impressive about this tab is the price compared to its size and feature list. It's internal specs are not amazing, but it is a 9.7-inch tablet, with a lot of extras, for only $249. The tablet is scheduled to go on sale Wednesday June 6th. Here are the rest of the specs:
  • 9.7in display
  • 16GB of internal memory
  • 2-megapixel rear-facing camera
  • 1GHz single-core Amlogic Cortex A9 processor
  • 1GB of RAM
  • A microSD card
  • Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity
  • VGA front-facing camera for video calls
  • A mini-USB, mini-HDMI, a standard 3.5mm headphone jack
  • Bundled with a a mini-HDMI cable for connecting the device to a high-definition television and will also come with a carry bag
Although the main processor is not very powerful, the rest of the features give this tablet some serious bang-for-your-buck. Sound off if you are in Germany and can take advantage of this sweet offer.

Source: PCWorld

Chucant

Oct 11, 2010
Hi I know the Bauhn tablet is to be sold by Aldi in Germany. However, can you tell if it will be eventually sold in the USA? Or Do you know if they will sell it in the USA as a different brand?
Hows can I get it right now. I am in the USA, Chicago to be precise.
Thanks

bowyerv

Aug 7, 2012
I have managed to root this AMID-971R :) Can someone help me find a recovery image to flash so as to be able to do a nandroid backup?