New B&N Nook app available in market for CM7 and other roms - Full Magazine Support!!

Zamboniman

Apr 25, 2011
The brand new updated nook app is available for download in the market. It now has full magazine support. This is great news. We now have even more options for magazines and for those people still hanging on to stock there's one more reason to ditch it completely. The only reason I can think of for stock now is the read-aloud support for kids' books.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Wow, if this is true... well this is just to good to be true. Trying now!

Zamboniman

Apr 25, 2011
Ok, now it's not showing up in my market. Not sure what's going on. Anybody else see it?

Zamboniman

Apr 25, 2011
Well crap. I think I know what happened, and I jumped the gun a bit maybe. This may be only for Honeycomb roms. I'll see if I can sideload it.

Edit: Never mind. It's all good. Working fine. - see below.

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Where did you find the apk? Just floating around the nets?

Hmm in the Market description it does say magazines and news papers*

*Newspapers and magazines only available on high resolution Android Tablets

By definition their note should include the Nook color!

Last edited:

Zamboniman

Apr 25, 2011
Ok, now it's showing up again in my market, and on CM7. Seems to be working fine for magazines. This is really great news. Sorry about the mix up. Not sure why it disappeared and reappeared like that.

Edit: Yup. downloaded and am reading a magazine now. On CM7. This really is awesome. No sideloading necessary. Just d/l or update from the market. If it doesn't show up for you try rebooting. Mine disappeared
from the market but then showed up again after a reboot.

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Confirmed on CM7 from bootable SD. Woo hoo! This is great news :D

Shortyred

Mar 28, 2011
Anyone having trouble with the size of the buttons?? The menu's are pretty small can't get mine to activate hardly.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Have you tried newspapers on bootable CM7 SD? I couldn't get WSJ working - it always said "file not found".

I tried magazines but not newspapers. Did the download of the newspaper go through? You might need to archive it and then bring is back so it downloads again.

ShutterPeep

May 3, 2011
I only have v2.4 from xda since I can't find the app in the market (I'm out of US). I try to open a book from my library, the white screen with loading icon appears then quickly goes back to library list. I tried moving the app to sd, fix permissions, re-installing, I still can't get it to work. I also don't see any folders in "my files".

Has anyone encountered the same?

Jun 3, 2011
Is it possible to gain Home screen one-touch access to B & N Magazine subscriptions? If so, will they update automatically?

Anyone have notes or Thread for a Noob?

Thank-you.

Bailey

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum