New boy saying hello and I have a problem

TioMio

Mar 23, 2013
Hi Everyone - I'm new to Androids and I am not a computer literate sort of person, I just use it to help with work, I make stained glass windows, and general interest. This site has opened my eyes to realise that there is so much information here that can be of great assistance to someone like me. I have recently been given an android tablet, DGM t909, which is great, or was, until yesterday when, in the middle of reading Great Expectations on it, it suddenly shut down to a white screen which after a while switched off completely. I can switch the power on and off but all I get is the illuminated screen with no error messages or anything. I have tried re-booting, pressing power switch and volume switch at the same time and nothing happens except the power goes off and then on again. I have tried pressing the re-set button, a very small hole in he back, nothing happens. I have tried connecting it to my laptop but it wont connect. What can I do? Perhaps someone out there can help.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Try that button combination with the tablet powered down and hold the volume - then the power at the same time and hold them both for 15 seconds or so -- or until something else happens. Report back.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Tio, congratulations on your new DGM t909 and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you get that tablet to boot properly. Good luck!