New Firmware Update and App

FloodedOut

Sep 28, 2011
I have a rooted Transformer and I keep getting an error when I attempt to apply the firmware update. The tablet reboots, starts updating and then I get an exclamation point + android guy icon. Then it sits there unless I reboot the tabet. I've tried it a few times. Same outcome.

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Do you need root for a reason? If not, try unrooting and then attempt the update. Root may be affecting a configuration file that the update wants to see with a certain checksum.

Sent from my SPH-P100

FloodedOut

Sep 28, 2011
Need root? Probably not. Want root? Yes. :)
I ended up installing Roach's Prime 1.9 ROM instead. It was easy.

Walkop

Apr 18, 2011
No, you don't understand - you just unroot the tablet, download the update, and re-root.

But you probably knew that... ;)

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
No, you don't understand - you just unroot the tablet, download the update, and re-root.

But you probably knew that... ;)

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. I was trying to ascertain whether he had something installed that would be broken while he temporarily unrooted to install the update, but I guess I wasn't clear enough. Sounds like he just wants to run hacked anyway. His new ROM must be based on the latest update so a happy camper I guess.

Walkop

Apr 18, 2011
Yeah, that's what I was getting at. I was trying to ascertain whether he had something installed that would be broken while he temporarily unrooted to install the update, but I guess I wasn't clear enough. Sounds like he just wants to run hacked anyway. His new ROM must be based on the latest update so a happy camper I guess.
Yep, seems so. At least he's satisfied ;)

Also; anyone have any idea on when this update is coming to Canada (or if it already has)? I'm waiting on it but haven't received it yet. Looks quite interesting. Really looking forward to the browser fixes - the crashing was really annoying me. That Supernote feature has piqued my curiosity as well.

Kudos to ASUS for sending out the update so fast, too. Only a week after the Xoom? That's pretty amazing.