new here with an odd problem

BlackGravity

Oct 2, 2011
hello all,this is about the only forums i can find for the 7022-4g

well here is my problem,i have CMW and I'm rooted...everything works fine,the only problem is when i try to reboot, the regular menu that should come up "air plane-silent-power off"...is not there.. just "power off".. anyone know what might have caused this?

one other thing.. how do you get to download mode so i can place a stock recovery if i need to.? thanks for the help.

BG

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I know what to change in MID124 firmware: there is a file called "init.smdkv210.rc" in the root folder with this line:

setprop au.ui.enable_shutdown_menu true

If one sets it to "false" then the tablet will act like you described, only power off will be shown. I don't know where it's located in 7022 firmware, look for it in init.rc and defult.prop in the root folder and build.prop in /system.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
thanks for the tip.. but no luck with finding the file... hmmm

7022 doesn't run on Samsung S5PV210, that's why it probably don't have the file. But I listed other 2 that may have the same line inside.

Lemme do some research...
Try adding this line to your build.prop file that can be found in /system:
au.ui.enable_shutdown_menu=true

reboot and try to turn it off.

BlackGravity

Oct 2, 2011
tried to edit the build and every editor i use will not let me save.. hmmm will a system restore fix this?.. i hate to loose everything.. but will if i have too. I've noticed that a lot of apps break after a single use or just dont function right... wonder if my tablet is a lemon.. I've had it for less then 10 days.

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
tried to edit the build and every editor i use will not let me save.. hmmm will a system restore fix this?.. i hate to loose everything.. but will if i have too. I've noticed that a lot of apps break after a single use or just dont function right... wonder if my tablet is a lemon.. I've had it for less then 10 days.

Something you did changed it (did you try installing cm7 on accident?)

anyways to edit system files you need a file explorer with root access like root explorer. Mount R/W then edit file and save

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011

If others things are broken, I think a restore is the best option. Backup what you can first to an external microSD.

BlackGravity

Oct 2, 2011
didnt want cm7,i just installed cwm and rooted and then my menu was broke.. and i cant find a version of root explorer that will install on this tab... mind telling me what version will work. thanks.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
didnt want cm7,i just installed cwm and rooted and then my menu was broke.. and i cant find a version of root explorer that will install on this tab... mind telling me what version will work. thanks.

I've used ES File Explorer. In my system (MID1024/Froyo), the root folder is already mounted as rw, so I just need to give ES F. E. root permissions and I am good to go (if I try to remount file system as rw I got an error and it seems that it actually mounts it as ro, so I have to reboot to get rw permissions again).

Edit: Latest ES File Explorer can be downloaded from its websitehttp://www.androidtablets.net/forum...nical/24344-how-factory-reset-coby-kyros.html.
http://www.estrongs.com/en/download.html

Last edited:

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
THe latest version of root explorer (been out for months and months) works great on our tablet. If you are having trouble installing it sign it with zipsigner2 app from market

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Fwiw, I use root explorer all the time on my tablet. there is no better file explorer app out there. Es is a bit cleaner look though.