New Kid on the block with questions about e-mail

JerryD

Nov 2, 2011
Hi All:
Just got my first tablet (two days ago) and it is great so far. I am still learning because there are soooooo many apps on it and it takes time just to learn much about one app. I am doing fine with Angry Birds but I am having a bit of problems with my e-mail. I have a WonderMedia WM8650 tablet with Android v 2.2. The E-mail I have came loaded on the box and is called com.android.email. It set up fine and I have received/sent email (with attachments) with no problem. What I can't workout is how to set-up my contacts from received e-mail.:confused: I can enter them by the keyboard but can't get them to enter automatically. Can anyone explain to me how it is done or point me to an on-line manual? The hardcopy manual that came with the tablet is very sparse when it comes to instructions.:rolleyes:

Thanks,
Jerry from Oklahoma :cool:

americandane

Oct 27, 2011
Hi All:
Just got my first tablet (two days ago) and it is great so far. I am still learning because there are soooooo many apps on it and it takes time just to learn much about one app. I am doing fine with Angry Birds but I am having a bit of problems with my e-mail. I have a WonderMedia WM8650 tablet with Android v 2.2. The E-mail I have came loaded on the box and is called com.android.email. It set up fine and I have received/sent email (with attachments) with no problem. What I can't workout is how to set-up my contacts from received e-mail.:confused: I can enter them by the keyboard but can't get them to enter automatically. Can anyone explain to me how it is done or point me to an on-line manual? The hardcopy manual that came with the tablet is very sparse when it comes to instructions.:rolleyes:

Thanks,
Jerry from Oklahoma :cool:

I'll try to help you.
Do you have an actual "contacts" file, and does it actually have your contacts in it? You need to sync your contacts with your email acct. For example, if you are using google mail then you need to go to "settings" then "accounts and sync" and add your account. Since you said your email was working that would indicate it is syncing, so...
You need to sync your contacts file with something, somewhere.
I have a M009S, green LED, vibrate, two-pt touch, and in a 7" 8650 package. I installed Modroid v11 on it and that rooted it and put google apps and a slicker rom. That is what I would recommend to you - but, make sure you read the entire Modroid thread as when I first did it I didn't have touch screen and that required a few little tweaks which are explained in the messages and on the text file included with the rom.
I you want to stick with stock rom and want google market and apps then you will need to get root access to your /system/app directory and push the key google apps files there and chmod them to 4755.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
You're missing Contacts.apk along with other files from the Gapps bundle. You need root for this, or look for a custom firmware (if there is one) with those included. You may be able to install the needed files withou rooting your tablet, but it doesn't always work. You need the proper files for your Android version and install them in a proper order.