New Kyros 8024 - a couple of technical issues (defects??)

vetteman72

Jun 14, 2011
I've just picked up a new Kyros 8024. So far I'm pleased with the responsiveness of the screen, and I was able to install the Android Market, thanks to the help of other posts in these forums.
However, I've noticed that I get a regular buzzing/static noise in the left speaker. It's not very loud but I can certainly hear it when I'm sitting at home by myself. I assume it's a defect and I'll have to take it back to be replaced - has anyone else run into this?

More importantly, I've noticed that the casing itself seems to be rather creaky in a plasticy sort of way - almost like it's not fitted together as well as it should be. I'm not sure if this is a defect, or if it's just how this model is made. Anyone else notice it?

Thanks!

Ray50

Apr 24, 2011
buzzing/static noise - NO mine is quiet no noise...sounds like a defect...too bad.

"rather creaky" yes mine is also....doesn't seem to be a problem

vetteman72

Jun 14, 2011
buzzing/static noise - NO mine is quiet no noise...sounds like a defect...too bad.

"rather creaky" yes mine is also....doesn't seem to be a problem

Thanks for the feedback...I figured I have to take mine back based on the buzzing in the speaker. Regarding the creakiness in the casing, I guess it's just one of those things I have to put up with for buying a $200 tablet instead of a $500 tablet.