New lad.... A816 Problem

mfoz509

Oct 13, 2011
ello, just picked up a A816 ( i think) mainly bought on a bit of a whim TBH the ebay seller is not all that helpful, the tab does most of what i ask of it,it`s specced almost the same as my HTC smartphone so it should, but i hve one major issue.....to set it up it has a primary gmail account in the name of gwoodruff that i have to get rid of, none of the reset/remove account options seem to work, it`s tied up to the US market and although i can down load free apps i cant log in using my UK google

anyway after doing a few searches on this site it seems i have to root or flash the device but i can see no clear information on just how to do this :confused:

so thats me, hello......:)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello, and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. Congratulations on you new tablet, sorry you're having problems with it. I believe you have an Aishuo tablet, so I'm moving your thread to the Aishuo Tablets section of the forum where someone should be able to help you. Good luck.

mfoz509

Oct 13, 2011
thank you Spider i kinda thought i had posted in the wrong place.......

quick update i`ve run through the delete account process a number of times with no change however, the last time i tried i logged out the woodruff account but didnt delete it,so now i have no access at all to the apps that were set up under his name market talk gmail etc......while i think i understand the reason for this phantom account to be on the tab,mainly setting it up with useful features "out of the box" i dont feel happy putting any personal info on it with this account floating around

kaybee327

Sep 20, 2011
Hi

Just catching up on posts so do not know if you are sorted.

I had same problem so if not sorted suggest, you do a backup of applications installed and then power off machine. then with keys on right press and hold bottom key and then centre key untill machine boots and dislpays a white triangle and green android then let go keys.

Hold in centre key and press bottom key once and you should get a menu with four choices
reboot system now
apply update from sdcard
wipe data / factory reset
wipe cache position

press bottom key once to highlight menu 3 and press center key

press bottom key to highlight 'yes -- delete all user data' then press centre key

reboot and problem fixed. Restore applications and enjoy.

Sounds harder than it is

Keith