New Link2sd

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
I updated and did the dalvik cache move and I recovered over 60 mb of space on my internal card.

Sent from my S7

Limey

Mar 15, 2011
Took me a while to get this working but now works with no problems. The app doesn't see the external SDcard so you have to partition the internal card.

Sent from my S7

kraechz

Mar 26, 2011
hi,
could u please describe how to format the internal sd card properly?step by step?

i always get the message" internal sd card damaged.and then i cant connect the internal sd.

dublea

Feb 22, 2011
hi,
could u please describe how to format the internal sd card properly?step by step?

i always get the message" internal sd card damaged.and then i cant connect the internal sd.

Depends on the format you are going with, ext2, ext3, FAT? I did ext2 with Disk Utility in Ubuntu. More info like what you have to work with can also help better help you in this regard.

enotar

Jul 25, 2010
need help too here
when I create the second partition on my sdcard my tablet doesnt recognize the SD anymore so I cannot use Link2SD
Why is that? As soon as I delete the 2nd just made partition, SD card is one more time recognise by the tablet:
I really like to make this work

kraechz

Mar 26, 2011
Depends on the format you are going with, ext2, ext3, FAT? I did ext2 with Disk Utility in Ubuntu. More info like what you have to work with can also help better help you in this regard.

first,thx for ur help.

i did the partitioning on winXP with Minitool partition wizard and paragon drivemanager.
i tried it with ext2 and fat32,cause the new version should support fat32.
the ext2 partitions i created were somewhere between 500 and 800 megs big.

what else..
i connected the huawei through usb to the computer,but no drives appeared on my computer,just a windows shows up that wants to install new hardware.then i disabled usb debugging and the 2 partitions showed up.then i clicked the 2 buttons in the android taskmanager to supply the drives to the pc.

then i opened a partition tool and resized the fat32 partition of the internal sd to be able to create another.on the now free space,i made a 700 mb ext2 partition and set it also as primary,like in the tut here.i wasnt able to set a drive letter to the ext2 partition ,but i think thats normal.

yeah,and now my internal sd is damaged and the device doesnt connect it again.
have u an idea what went wrong and how to solve it?

edit:i also tried rom-manager but if i tried to partitionate or go to recovery mode the tablet just shutted off and i could only start it again if i took the battery out.

Last edited:

dublea

Feb 22, 2011
I would recommend getting a Ubuntu disk and booting to the Live version (Try Ubuntu.) Use disk utility and format the first section of the drive as FAT32 for whatever the devices will store there. Then make the second partition the ext2 or FAT32 for the Link2SD software (I'm using ext2.) I would delete all the partitions first and then build them over from scratch again. You might have created some crazy file tables considering the software you used. That may be why the system is having trouble mounting them.

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
first,thx for ur help.

i did the partitioning on winXP with Minitool partition wizard and paragon drivemanager.
i tried it with ext2 and fat32,cause the new version should support fat32.
the ext2 partitions i created were somewhere between 500 and 800 megs big.

what else..
i connected the huawei through usb to the computer,but no drives appeared on my computer,just a windows shows up that wants to install new hardware.then i disabled usb debugging and the 2 partitions showed up.then i clicked the 2 buttons in the android taskmanager to supply the drives to the pc.

then i opened a partition tool and resized the fat32 partition of the internal sd to be able to create another.on the now free space,i made a 700 mb ext2 partition and set it also as primary,like in the tut here.i wasnt able to set a drive letter to the ext2 partition ,but i think thats normal.

yeah,and now my internal sd is damaged and the device doesnt connect it again.
have u an idea what went wrong and how to solve it?

edit:i also tried rom-manager but if i tried to partitionate or go to recovery mode the tablet just shutted off and i could only start it again if i took the battery out.

try creating partition from scratch, do not resize the existing partition.
-copy your sd card files to pc
-delete sd card patition
-create 2 primary partition
-copy your files back to sd card partition 1.

kraechz

Mar 26, 2011
thx to tri_zet and dublea,

but i managed to solve the problem by myself.
after 3 hours partitioning i did almost exact what u two advised me.
exept one point.
i made the first partition,then i rebooted connected it to the pc again and made the 2nd partition.
otherwise it would not work at my device.

greetz

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
I was starting to run out of space with Froyo 2.2, even with moving apps to the sdcard, so I installed this again. I now have almost unlimited amount of space to install apps. Link2sd works much better under froyo, no need to reboot before things work. Personally I find this a lot better than apps2sd from a stability and maintainability point of view.

dgnyberg

Mar 22, 2011
OK, When I uninstall Link2sd and install the new version,
will I have to relink the files on the sd card?

Just wondering. And learning!

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Link2sd has a couple other neat tricks up its sleeve. You can set it to automatically link apps when you install, bypassing the Froyo way. Now that it links library files as well you are only limited by the size of your partition. Some good utilities as well like the ability to clean up the Dalvick cache and the second partition, storage info, quick reboot and more. With Froyo and link2sd I've honestly quit considering a replacement for my trusty S7, at least in the short term.