New member, Internet issues

GowingMental

Apr 5, 2013
Hi, my name is Meryl. I live in Tamworth, NSW, Australia.
I have owned my ASUS TF101 since November 2011. I found this site through Google when I was looking for help with my internet problem.
I can access the internet through Wi-Fi, but when I put a card in the computer it doesn't connect. I have taken the card to the supplier and it works in other tablets so it's not the card.
I've set up the access point name according to the instructions on the suppliers website but still nothing.
I'm looking for suggestions.
thanks

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Unfortunately you're a little shy on some of the most important information. What type of card are we talking about?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Meryl, congratulations on your new TF101 tablet and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. Sorry to hear you're having a problem with the WiFi, and I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

GowingMental

Apr 5, 2013
Sorry, just checked the box - it is a tf101g.
One of the leaflets that comes with it is called 'Installing SIM card'.
I have followed the instructions and nothing happens.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Sorry, just checked the box - it is a tf101g.
One of the leaflets that comes with it is called 'Installing SIM card'.
I have followed the instructions and nothing happens.

Ah "g", very important information. Try installing this app to see if it helps. Don't forget that the SIM card needs to be activated with a data provider.

GowingMental

Apr 5, 2013
I've got it working. I needed to use a combination of the default information and the information on the website for setting up the SIM card. thanks