New member on AdroidTablets.net and complete Android newbie

patvikstrom

Mar 18, 2012
Hi all

I've been considering buying a tablet for quite some time ... And as a Windows user since way back in 1995 I was aiming on getting myself a windows based tablet. But eventually after having checked prizes and having understood that Android is a lightweight OS that can practically do what Windows can I eventually went with an Android based 7" tablet.

I function as an outsourcing agent, or a middle man agent in outsourcing deals if you will. All I need to be able to do basically is to communicate with my team and with my clients when on the move. I use email, Skype and Facebook mostly. I need to be able to receive, review and forward files like jpegs and PSDs mostly, sometimes Ai's, and be able to communicate via Skype and FB in a smooth way. I have found the apps I have tried for both FB and Skype not to be really satisfying, if I compare to Windows, the same user experiance is just not there, I can't reach all the functions as easy as I can in Windows. And sometimes I can't even choose the "desktop" alternative (loading the original site).

Any tips on how an old Windows guy can get used to using Android in an effective way is more then welcome :)

Thanks,

Pat

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Pat, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and suggest ways you can effectively use Android. Good luck!

patvikstrom

Mar 18, 2012
Thanks Spider. I love my tablet but I want to be able to use it in an efficient way.