New Member - Trying to Post First Msg to This Forum

cali

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sep 25, 2011
You just posted it, success! And welcome to the site.

mopepom

Jan 3, 2013
You just posted it, success! And welcome to the site.
thank you for your quick reply;
Let me explain my problem:
as a hobby, I keep a number of PC computers, iphones, iPod touches, and an pad1 all fully functional and where possible interconnected via wi-fi, the hi speed networks provided by the tlephone company and a satellite Internet provider. Recently, I received a gift of a LePan TC970,equipped with Android 4.2. My challenge is to get the Lepan functioning in a manner similar to the way I use my iPad 1, with a jail broken version of IOS 5.1.1. for example, I use the iPad to remotely access my 2 XP PCs and my Windows 7 PC. I am convinced that the LePan tablet has all required hardware features and I want to move gradually into the Android world.

Documentation on the LePan tablet is hard to find, so I decided to join this forum to get some pointers. however, when I tried to post to the forum, I could not get past the Title box - when I moved the cursor to the message box, I had a coloured field display for a fraction of a second, only to disappear. What did eventually get posted was the result of repeated activation of various message options, that look familiar, but are really unintellible to me.

When I thought that I had posted something, I switched to my iPad, to search for the help message from mopepom. I got it immediately, so now I am using my iPad to reply to your kind reply. Sorry for the near blasphemy in the message.

basically, what I need to know is how to set up the parameters to permit me to input text when posting to this forum on my tc970.

Once I master this secret, I am off and running.

where can I look to get the explanation of the variou options for the input text field for this forum.

Many Thanks

Mopepom

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Click Settings in the upper right hand corner then on the Settings screen choose General Settings under the My Settings box on the left side of the screen.

JP

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Mopepom , congratulations on your new TC970 and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Le Pan Tablets forum for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
Welcome Mopepom. Loved the first post. A real attention getter. You posted you have 4.2 on your tc970. They come stock with Froyo version 2.2 a very dated version of android. You can update it to gingerbread. Go to the development section here in the Le Pan forum.

chuck3565

Apr 5, 2011
thank you for your quick reply;
Let me explain my problem:
as a hobby, I keep a number of PC computers, iphones, iPod touches, and an pad1 all fully functional and where possible interconnected via wi-fi, the hi speed networks provided by the tlephone company and a satellite Internet provider. Recently, I received a gift of a LePan TC970,equipped with Android 4.2. My challenge is to get the Lepan functioning in a manner similar to the way I use my iPad 1, with a jail broken version of IOS 5.1.1. for example, I use the iPad to remotely access my 2 XP PCs and my Windows 7 PC. I am convinced that the LePan tablet has all required hardware features and I want to move gradually into the Android world.

Documentation on the LePan tablet is hard to find, so I decided to join this forum to get some pointers. however, when I tried to post to the forum, I could not get past the Title box - when I moved the cursor to the message box, I had a coloured field display for a fraction of a second, only to disappear. What did eventually get posted was the result of repeated activation of various message options, that look familiar, but are really unintellible to me.

When I thought that I had posted something, I switched to my iPad, to search for the help message from mopepom. I got it immediately, so now I am using my iPad to reply to your kind reply. Sorry for the near blasphemy in the message.

basically, what I need to know is how to set up the parameters to permit me to input text when posting to this forum on my tc970.

Once I master this secret, I am off and running.

where can I look to get the explanation of the variou options for the input text field for this forum.

Many Thanks

Mopepom

For a remote desktop client, especially if you need tsgateway support, I would recommend Remote Desktop Client by Xtralogic. Chuck