cdwbxr

Dec 31, 2011
HI, I have just bought a new Ainol Nova 7 tablet running Android 3.2. So far so good - though it's a lot different to my HTC phone :D. I work in IT - have done for about 15 years, and am a bit of a geek! I'm looking forward to learning a lot more about android, particularly 3.2 as it's quite a bit different to 2.3.n.

look forward to conversing with you all.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Congratulations on the new tablet, welcome to the forum!

Glad to have you here.

Cheers,
Peter

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi, welcome to Android Tablets and congratulations on your new tablet. Nice to have you here as a member of the forum.

tvtolle

Jan 1, 2012
Am new to this technology. And retired for almost 8 years. Yikes. This all looks so easy but many things are not intuitive -- though many of you with more experience may feel it is. So, I'm looking for an on-line coach. Does a tutor exist to answer the usual beginners' quesstions? Thanks in advance.

tvtolle

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi tvtolle, welcome to you as well. Glad you decided to join us as a member of the forum. I'm afraid we don't offer any tutorials for beginners, but there's plenty of information available to you here on the forum.

To learn what Androids are all about, I'd suggest you click this link and go to the Android Tablet Q&A section. When you magically arrive there, read the "Sticky:" posts at the beginning and then look through some of the threads already posted there to get a feel for what's going on in the tablet world. If you have a question about something already being discussed, "Reply to Thread" and ask your question. If anything occurs to you that's not being discussed, "Post New Thread". In the upper right corner of each forum page, there's a search box. Use it to see if there's already a thread discussing your topic before starting a new thread.

Once you've got a feel for what you're dealing with, if you're still interested:), click this link and go to the Android Tablet Discussions section to do your shopping for the tablet that's right for you. Repeat all the things you did when you arrived at the Q&A section.

When you think you've found the right tablet, click this link to the http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/ main page and look down the page for the forum dedicated to that tablet to see what the support community is like. If you don't find one, I'd suggest you choose another tablet and try again. Questions, problems and solutions are often dependent on the brand of tablet you have. If you're the only one who has that brand of tablet, guess who'll be able to help if you have a problem.

Finally, and most important, enjoy the process and have fun. It's the only time you'll be able to experience it.:)

I guess I lied at the beginning, it appears there is a tutorial of sorts now.
Spider:cool:

Last edited: