COBY KYROS MID7048-4 PROBLEM!!!!!

Maurif

Dec 28, 2014
Hello, I am new oh this forum. I have a Coby Kyros MID7048-4 and when I turn it on, 2 minutes later more or less... the screen turns blue (not all the screen, just one side) and it does like a flash or a light, turn off and on. Sorry by my English, but I think you understood me. Please help me. What can I do?? I have downloaded 2 files from... I don´t remember what website, but the files are: 7048_dump.zip and 7048_system_restore.zip, but I really don´t know what to do with them. I don´t know if I have to re-install the Android Software on the tablet or I don´t know. Please help me!!!! I would appreciate it very much.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
It sounds as if the connections for the screen inside the tablet are loose. Or else the screen is bad.

Maurif

Dec 28, 2014
Thank yo so much for your reply Traveller. I talked with a "tecnician" and he said me: "it should be the os, because the problem on the screen is not in all the screen, just the top (not where are the android navigation buttons)". What do you think?, is something I can do to try to solve it?

Ps: Merry Christmas. Please help me man. Thank you very much for your reply again.

kevinthefixer

Developer
Feb 10, 2014
I don't believe your "tecnician" was actually a technician. I believe he was a minimum-wage telephone-answerer whose job is to get you to go away. I am 99% confident that you have a hardware problem, as Traveller1701 pointed out.

Your next move is up to you. How mechanically inclined are you? Do you feel confident in your ability to disassemble this tablet and put it back together? If so tear it down and look for ribbon cables, try reseating all of them in their connectors. If you do not know how to do this, you must either find a pro who does, or give up on this tablet. Unfortunately this will probably cost more than the tab is worth.

Of course, if it is still in warranty from a retailer send it back. Don't send it to Coby, they are no longer in business.

Maurif

Dec 28, 2014
Hello man!! Thank you so much for your reply. Don't worry, I trust you. I trust you Traveller1701 and I trust you kevinthefixer. I feel confident. I am going to try to disassemble the tablet and look for the ribbon cables.

You are like.....the Kings of Android men. Happy New Year for both.
Regards from Venezuela.

Thank you.