New Memember with lots of questions

jmwittl

Nov 7, 2010
Hi,
I would like to purchase an up-to-date android tablet pc for application development and I am very new to android. What tablet do you recommend for programming? What does the screen look like when it is first turned on. Should I get a 10 inch tablet or stick with the 7 inch tablet?

Thanks,
Joe

Zimm

Jul 31, 2010
I just came to post a similar question. I don't do much development work but am looking into purchasing a Android tablet. Also where is the best place to purchase tablet from?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Hello both of you trying to pick the best tablet out is hard because everyone has their own opinions but a safe bet would be to get one with 2.2 and my favorite site to buy tablets is www.euogo.com

hoben02

Nov 10, 2010
Do i understand your question that you want to do your actual development work on an android tablet? Frankly, I don't think any tablet has enough horsepower to handle the compilation. Besides other than running the android sdk on apple and mac and a few versions of linux.

Now if you are trying to decide whether to design for a 7" or 10" screen that shouldn't matter you have the android sdk emulator to show how the application will look for either screen.

If you are looking for portability yeah the 7" is much easier to lug around but you will do much more scrolling when viewing web pages kinda why i decided on a 10" screen since its more the size of a pad of paper