New owner- loving the A500 so far!

iTazm0n

May 4, 2011
Hey All!

Got my A500 last week- total impulse buy, lol. But I've been very interested android since my 'old' Archos 5IT Android and the $450 A500 was just sitting there next to the $600-800 Xoom saying 'buy me!'

Yeah I know, The Archos 5 was barely an android device, but I'm a gadget nut and like to tinker a bit (which it totally neccessary if you want anything out of that Archos ;) ). It eventually found a useful spot in my entertainment rack with the dock and all the codecs Archos supports out of the box. Still it was never better than a cobbled set up and has been replaced by an Apple TV2 and new Samsung LED TV that supports USB drives (the TV can read all the codecs I throw at it- amazing).

Anyway, not to get distracted, besides the A5A, for mobile devices I'm a long time time iOS user (/ducks :p ), though lately I feel like android is starting lose "that work in progress" look and feel- IMO. I didn't think Froyo was tablet worthy so Honeycomb really sealed it for me especially since the iPad 2 doesn't to THAT much more for me than my iPad1 at the moment

Among many features I'm loving- Google Maps/Earth/Mail is so much better than on my iPad. I do a lot of work on google and love how integrated it is (not having to re-enter credentials all the time is a dream come true!). I think the tablet form factor has a ton to offer in an android system, but I also plan on getting an android phone for a 2nd line when/if gingerbread becomes standard.

I'm sure I'll be posting more in the future, but I wanted to say Thanks to all the helpful posters here. You guys have really helped in these early days.

Cheers!

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
:DWelcome Taz! You're in good company. A lot of us are very pleased with this here gadget!