New owner of Tablet, I have some info on model, but can't find it

saintz01

Feb 22, 2012
Hi, I bought a generic Chinese Android tablet off of Amazon....it was 100 bucks. So far it's been pretty good. I wanted it for an e-reader with extra capabilities. It has a mini usb port, and it came with a cable that went from that mini usb to usb 2.0 (flash drive). I was perhaps mistaken in thinking I could plug my flash drive into this adapter and open the files on it on the tablet. I downloaded a couple of file managers from the market but it doesn't work. I am trying to find out what I can do to make this thing work so that I can open flash drive files on this tablet. I would really appreciate any help you could give me! You guys came highly recommended. Here's what I know about the model( it didn't come with much of any paperwork)

Model:97FC
Android Version: 2.3.4
Baseband version: 2.04
Kernel: 2.6.36-Android

The ad from Amazon stated; 7 in. Cortex A8 5 Point Capacitative Touchscreen Tablet PC, Android 2.3, Google 3G, wifi MID, Support Adobe Flash 11.0, G-sensor, 4 GB Nand Flash

Help would be very much appreciated and thanks ahead of time.

HappyChris

Feb 4, 2012
When all else fails, try something you read in a forum. Try this:
  • use the tablet to USB lead to connect the tablet to the working PC
  • Look in Notification scroll-down and see 'USB connected' and tap it
  • See a new screen with a green Android on it including button saying 'Turn on USB storage' and tap that one.
  • See message 'Turn off USB storage'. Surprisingly, press OK button
  • See new orange Android and legend 'USB storage in use'
  • Think 'Hooray!'
  • Plug the flash drive into the PC as usual and identify it
  • ... wait! What's that there? Another removable storage device? It's your tablet!
Now use your PC's Explorer to transfer files between the two devices!

Don't forget to 'eject' both USB devices from your PC and waiting a few seconds before yanking the plugs out...

HTH

Last edited:

Oldie

Apr 26, 2012
I too have the same unit which is not recognised by my computers (one running Win7, one running Win xp and one running Win 2000). Tried happychris's suggestion but am confiused with the "Look in Notification scroll-down and see 'USB connected' and tap it". No matter what I do I cannot find the 'notification' area. If I go into 'file manager' I can get a line at the top which shows the USB sign
When pressed this shows a line underneath reading /mnt/usbhost1 but from there I can go nowhere.

Did this work for you saintZ01? Can anyone please help a little bit further - I am getting desperate and losing what's left of my hair.

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
tip-make sure pen drive has been formatted to fat32 first.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet