New Samsung GALAXY Tab 3 Lite 7.0

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Samsung today announced its new Galaxy Tab 3 Lite 7.0, a 7-inch Android tablet that looks to be a refreshed version of the Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 that launched last year. The new Tab 3 Lite features a 7-inch 1024×600 display and 1.2GHz dual-core processor, just like the Tab 3 7.0, as well as a familiar rounded white body with a physical home button. Also crammed into the Tab 3 Lite’s 9.7mm-thick frame is 1GB of RAM, 8GB storage, microSD card slot and a 3600mAh battery. Samsung has preloaded its new slate with Android 4.2 Jelly Bean as well as its custom TouchWiz overlay.
The Galaxy Tab 3 Lite 7.0 will be offered in black and white as well as Wi-Fi-only and 3G variants. Samsung says that it plans to sell its latest tablet globally, but there’s no mention of how much it plans to ask for it. Considering its spec sheet, though, I’m sure that the Galaxy Tab 3 Lite (7″) will end up being fairly easy on the wallet. If Samsung can price it correctly, this thing could make for a nice entry-level tablet or a beater device that you don’t mind just tossing in a bag when going out.

Source: androidandme.com

Last edited:

equitube

Apr 19, 2013
I just ordered one of these today after my Pipo S1 was stolen last week. Once I get it rooted and Rom'd I'll post a comprehensive review.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
I'll be especially interested in knowing which custom rom you choose to install. Cyclone voyager, Kasky build?

equitube

Apr 19, 2013
Im typing on it now. It's not as. Fast as my old Pipo S1 (Cyclone voyager kasky rom). I like some of the Samsung features and interface. No roms im aware of for this one yet. This one seems pretty stable so far been running almost 30 hrs nonstop. No freezes, crashes or glitches. More to come. Its killing me not having root access tho

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Thanks for the Update. And, be sure to keep us posted!

equitube

Apr 19, 2013
1 wk. Later and the tab is still running flawlessly. It hasn't froze, crashed, or rebooted on its own at all. The only apps that crashed immediately shut down and didn't seem to affect anything else.

The predictive text on the Samsung keyboard is excellent (not sure if it's them or android os powering it) I like it better than Swiftkey. I do notice a bit of slowdown at times. The Marvell processor doesn't seem nearly as fast as my o
D RK3066, which was great once I got root and a good rom.

My main issue today is, while the stock Samsung rom seems very stable, I really want root access. I'm an old IT pro and I hate having my hands tied by an os on a machine I own.

So if anyone roots one of these, I'd love to have the details.