New tablet

ainzi

Oct 8, 2014
hi there I'm new to the site hope everyone's ok

Iv just brought a new Samsung tab 10.1 and it's on the latest kitkat software iv looked on the net to find out how to write pictures or files to a micro sd card but all I can find is that your tablet needs to be rooted and it can't be done if it's not but I don't really want to do this with it been new

Is this true or can it be done with out been rooted

Thanks

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi ainzi, congratulations on your new Tab 10.1 and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. You can move files back and forth between the tablet memory and the MSD using a file explorer program.

Astro File Manager and ES File Explorer are both pretty good and there are free versions on the Market.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.metago.astro&hl=en??
https://play.google.com/store /apps/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop&hl=en

BTW If you have any questions specific to your tablet, the forum is here: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

ainzi

Oct 8, 2014
Thank you for the reply do these apps work for a non rooted tablet ??

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Writing anything but apps and their associated data, in other words your media like movies, photos and documents to the microSD card is something that can be done in many ways, all without being rooted. There are also ways to control those file transfers from your PC using an app like Airdroid or WiFi File Transfer and your local network,

ainzi

Oct 8, 2014
Iv just tried both of them apps and it won't allow me to write anything to my sd card the main thing is when I'm downloading films or music I need to select a folder to save them in and I want to save them straight to the msd but can't find out how to do it if kitkat software doesn't allow u

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Have you considered that you may have a problem with the SD card? Have you tested it in a PC card reader.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Some cards used in some cameras won't work if the card was formatted in the camera. Not all, but some. Still warrants testing.