Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Not Yet, but getting there

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yawn....did you ask a qustion?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LuvMusic

Dec 12, 2010
I've been sticking with my original Samsung Galaxy 7 for what seems like forever. Haven't upgraded because everything new was always "missing" something, for example, on the Nexus 7, it did not have expandable memory. Looks like this is about to change at MWC.

First off, Sony is embracing its "premium" niche and has released (in Japan) the new Z tablet which looks very, very good. If it was a 7 incher, I'd be ready to buy.

Next, Samsung looks like they may be releasing 3 new tablet lines? The one we know for sure, the 8 inch Note, has my interest. Specs seem pretty good and it has the right feature set and form factor. There is also rumor of a premium Samsung tablet. Really curious to see what my happen with this.

CPU's and GPU's are being updated, more RAM, expandible storage........The only thing that seems to be lacking is a tablet that matches or beats Apple's Retina quality screen. The news I've seen indicates resolution that is VERY close but pixel density is still an eye lash behind. Maybe the premium Samsung tablet will address that challenge?

I know these tablets will be more expensive and I don't mind, if they deliver the value I'm looking for. So, I'm excited!!!

How about you? Are you excited about tablet announcements at MWC too? What are you hoping will be announced?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Lol, who would have thought that on a tablet website! The most exciting tablets I have seen lately are the Sony Z and the new Vizio Android/Windows tabs (and the non-Android Surface). So far details on a lot of these tablets are still short. I suspect people will be more excited when prices and availability are announced.

LuvMusic

Dec 12, 2010
Haven't heard about the Vizio tab, can you point me towards some info. I do like their TV's.

The Note. 8 is interesting. Not sure about the physical home button. It's mechanical, so, curious about how well it will hold up. Do you think Samsung might sneak in their new CPU?

What would you like to see in a "perfect tablet?"

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Does the Note have IR remote control or three speakers for stereo sound in any orientation? :p

learner

Jan 28, 2012
My "perfect" tablet for very personal reasons would have to be , light, portable with 3g/4g, SD card, HDMI, full HD display, digital pen, high quality camera, and speakers that are audible. The closest tablet to my ideal is a Galaxy Note 10.1" or maybe the 8", but due to screen resolution and camera quality I have been forced to wait again. Maybe in the next edition the screen resolution will be addressed, but I doubt the camera ever will be, on any tablet.

I realise these are very demanding requirements,but I have a genuine need for a portable device to capture high quality images that I can annotate and edit on the spot, without the need to transfer files. As all of these qualities will I doubt ever be realised, the next version of the Galaxy Note 10.1" will be my next tablet purchase.

LuvMusic

Dec 12, 2010
Does the Note have IR remote control or three speakers for stereo sound in any orientation? :p

Don't know about the Note 8, hasn't been mentioned in any of the leaked specs, which seem pretty reliable. If the IR blaster continues, I would guess it would be a part of the rumored Tab 3 release.

Thanks! Sorry, on my portable devices, I don't do Windows or fruit........I like funky, green robots! :p

LuvMusic

Dec 12, 2010
I realise these are very demanding requirements,but I have a genuine need for a portable device to capture high quality images that I can annotate and edit on the spot, without the need to transfer files. As all of these qualities will I doubt ever be realised, the next version of the Galaxy Note 10.1" will be my next tablet purchase.

You should checkout the new Sony Z releases. They are putting in large camera sensors and using the Sony Bravia engine for their displays. According to Sony, they realize their leadership position in digital photography and are trying to take advantage in their phone and tablet lines.

I'm with you, I shoot with a NEX 5N and would love a high quality tablet to transfer pics to then edit.

learner

Jan 28, 2012
Thanks for the lead LuvMusic, this tablet looks excellent, but alas no digital pen. This is very frustrating, almost there but not quite. I would pay whatever price, to realise my "perfect" tablet. Maybe one day there will truly be a high end Android tablet with digital pen input. This is going to cause me a dilemma on choice now, go with better capture, or the digital pen?

Last edited:

LuvMusic

Dec 12, 2010
Bump to the top!

Well....MWC has come and gone, not much high-end tablet action from my perspective, most of the action was in the entry level category.

The one tablet I liked was the Sony Xperia Z, if it had a 7in - 8in screen, this would be the tablet. Still might be even though it's a 10in class.

The Note 8, sure looks ugly to me, I hate big bezels around the screen. Also the Note 8 appears to have morphed towards being more of a phone. Not what I want. Really not interested in phone calls on my tablet. Other specs looked pretty good.

So what to look forward to now!? Maybe Samsung will announce the Tab 3's with the Galaxy S IV? That could be "fun!" It's been pretty quiet on the Tab 3 front. Saw one article talking about a hologram-type keyboard which would be intertesting, if it works. Not "holding my breath!"

Or maybe Google will announce a refreshed Nexus 7 at Google I/O? That could be interesting also, except I will not be expecting the desired expandable memory.

So, what what else do you see out there in the high-end android tablet world? What are you looking for or looking forward to?