New to Android - How to Copy and Paste Images?

mshoneyrose

Oct 16, 2014
I have just acquired an android tablet - android 4.4.2 - had to replace my treasured Samsung notebook which finally expired after several years valued service. The tablet is good in some ways but less so in others.

In particular I am a keen weather watcher and a member of several facebook groups, some overseas, concerned with weather. We all post and share weather photos by sharing threads or sharing photos. I am having problems sharing photos on my new android tablet.

I have searched around the web and not really found an answer how to do this. I have tried the "long hold on the image" option and it just enlarges it, but does not offer any copy and paste functions. Does this work on all android tablets or only certain ones?

What I want to do is to copy a photo from the web and paste it into my facebook weather forums. I do this at present via the right click mouse on my notebook. How does it work on an android tablet please?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi mshoneyrose, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

DonSchaeffer

Jun 24, 2013
I hard the same question. I think you hold the loudness button down and touch the power button somultaneously to get a screen print. You can use the editing function in gallery to crop and save the image. Check around for better instructions but it does work.