New to Coby, not to Droid, trouble with swipe

enidone

Apr 3, 2011
Hi all,

I didn't introduce myself properly in my earlier post - sorry about that, was a bit frustrated.

Just bought a Coby Kyros 7015 a few days ago. I'm new to Coby tablets, not so new to Droid tablets. I have a 7-year-old Coby DVD player that retailed for about $50, is remarkably feature-rich, and is still going strong, so I'm something of a believer in the brand.

I had another brand of Droid tablet earlier this year (donut release, I believe) that I wound up returning. It cost almost twice as much as the Coby, had a 5-inch screen, Flash didn't work, and no stylus.

So far I feel like I'm getting more bang for the buck with the Coby, although I've already had to perform a reset and the tablet is only a couple of days old.

I haven't yet rooted the Coby; I may or may not do so based in part on any answers I get to this question:

Is anyone else having trouble with swipe, particularly in AppsLib? Perhaps it is my pre-Gen-Y fingers that are the trouble but I feel like I'm being bested by that user interface every time I try to swipe downward and it instead drills down into the next level because my finger hit a menu option for a microsecond too long.

I've tried the stylus with only marginally better luck.

Is the interface for Marketplace any more usable than the native AppsLib?

Perhaps I'm too old for this tablet stuff and should just stick to keyboards. I don't know.

I will say that I don't remember having quite such a hard time with the other Droid tablet.

Any feedback will be helpful - thanks.

kerry_s

Mar 17, 2011
i would guess its to slow for swype. i tap type faster than it can print to screen, so have to pause when i'm really going at it. lol

you just got to get use to the quirks, all tablets have them.

davmel106

Apr 2, 2011
Hey, i got my Coby Mid7015 on friday. After using the appslib store and then angry birds game i was ready to return it. But after looking online i found about how to Root a coby mid7015. I spent about 3 hours on getting all of the stuff on the sdcard but with the instructions i found it wasn't hard at all. Now the tablet works alot better with the google android market, plus other apps i installed. With the google market app you have a ton more apps to get free the appslib is almost a joke. Also everything i installed on this coby i got free from the market. I even installed the Free ADW Launcher 1.3x and now the interface seems to be even better. Now i can't wait to find other enhancements for my coby kyros. I also found a fix on the forum for the angry birds app that i was able to install after the rooting of my device.

NOTE: checkout the youtube and do a search for 'coby kyros mid7015' videos and see what you think.

enidone

Apr 3, 2011
After reading the replies above and the Coby Kyros Tips & Tricks thread, I think I'm going to root the tablet no matter what. The prospect of having honeycomb on the tablet is pretty appealing, but just having access to Google Marketplace will be good enough.

As to the swipe, I figure I won't be spending most of my time in AppsLib anyway. Right now I'm mostly doing ebook reading and some email checking, maybe eventually Twitter. So I'll live with it.

Thanks to all who responded.